oh no... does MuTools not have gradual tempo change?

Official support for: mutools.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Please tell me MuLab has gradual tempo change. Like, I get MuLab is a beast of a project for one person, but all you had to do is
MuLab_yVT5l8Raf2.png
Don't force me to put in by hand every tempo change to make it gradual, give me a script, a tool, a button that says "insert tempo change every X steps from Y starting value to Z ending value" I don't care what it is, but I need a workaround. Otherwise I might have to continue this project in... REAPER. f**k FL studio, I hate it with a passion now.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

It indeed does not yet have that feature.

Architeuthis wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:38 pm f**k FL studio, I hate it with a passion now.
I'm curious, what's wrong with FL?

Because I had an experience using FL studio where I ran into every possible mishap, maybe because using MuLab made me rusty with FL studio.

1. Editing sequences without realizing I was editing previous sequences since things are pooled by default.
2. Editing automation in the same manner.
3. Forgetting I'm in record mode and tweaking knobs, now the knobs have a mind of its own.
4. Spending lots of time trying to figure out where the frik that last bit of event data is for that knob to get it to stop moving
5. Zooming in by mistake
6. Windows minimizing to absolute minimum size and playing "hunt the window" game over and over for vsts, mixer, piano roll, etc.
7. Trying to resize mixer and you have to go through "minimun size, not useful" to "maximum size covers f**king everything" and finally finesse it into a manageable size, only to have to redo all of that once you focus away from it.

all of that multiple times, I wanted to pull my hair out.
Last edited by Architeuthis on Wed Jul 06, 2022 5:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.

That kinda sounds like user error tbh. :D

Architeuthis wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:38 pm Please tell me MuLab has gradual tempo change. Like, I get MuLab is a beast of a project for one person, but all you had to do is ... Don't force me to put in by hand every tempo change to make it gradual, give me a script, a tool, a button that says "insert tempo change every X steps from Y starting value to Z ending value" I don't care what it is, but I need a workaround.
I also miss this feature and asked for it quite a while ago.
Also the fact, that every track or even clip (unsure) has its own zoom-setting and horizontal position. When I select another track in edit-mode I first have to look where I am ...

EvilDragon wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 12:45 pm That kinda sounds like user error tbh. :D
you're stating the obvious. User error or not, f**k that.

"Boo hoo, I can't RTFM, why can't this DAW read my mind?" :D

EvilDragon wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:42 pm "Boo hoo, I can't RTFM, why can't this DAW read my mind?" :D

are you...being real right now? I switched over to MuLab because it has many promising features and lack of the things I always get tripped up on with FL Studio.

You are being incredibly childish.

added three more annoyances with FL studio

5. Zooming in by mistake
6. Windows minimizing to absolute minimum size and playing "hunt down the window" game over and over for vsts, mixer, piano roll, etc.
7. Trying to resize mixer and you have to go through "minimun size, not useful" to "maximum size covers f**king everything" and finally finesse it into a manageable size, only to have to redo all of that once you focus away from it.

Well, I know a couple of DAWs and each of them has advantages and disadvantages. There are a lot of reasons, why I love working with MuLab, although I do miss some features hard (see above).
But I don't think this forum is the right place to moan about other DAWs nor to hype them. Let's focus on MuLab, guys! :-)

And (once again) here's what I miss hard:
1) Tempo track with curves
2) Changing time-signature within a project
3) Identic setting for zoom and song-position for every track, so to be on the same position when selecting another track in edit-mode.

Architeuthis wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 12:36 pm Because I had an experience using FL studio where I ran into every possible mishap, maybe because using MuLab made me rusty with FL studio.

1. Editing sequences without realizing I was editing previous sequences since things are pooled by default.
2. Editing automation in the same manner.
3. Forgetting I'm in record mode and tweaking knobs, now the knobs have a mind of its own.
4. Spending lots of time trying to figure out where the frik that last bit of event data is for that knob to get it to stop moving
5. Zooming in by mistake
6. Windows minimizing to absolute minimum size and playing "hunt the window" game over and over for vsts, mixer, piano roll, etc.

all of that multiple times, I wanted to pull my hair out.
I needed a reminder of why I shouldn't use FL Studio, so I revisted this thread.

EvilDragon wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 12:45 pm That kinda sounds like user error tbh. :D
Thats what he was saying, that he got rusty for using FL. Interestingly, almost everything he described in that list, where things that I had to figure out how to do in Mulab. I had never used a traditional DAW before. Just Machine, which I never figured out. And MPC, which works different then a traditional DAW. I had to figure out that the sequences are linked, you cant just press "copy" like MPC. You have to make it "unique". ...which is "copy". And everything else that actual DAWS do. But once I got the "language" down, its wonderfully fluid. Almost immediately natural without concentrating on it and fishing around for things. Which is what makes it seem more like instrument then a technical experience to me. Which is why I can understand where it might not have some functions that much more footprint and resource heavy DAWS do, but that allows it to be so smooth at the things it does. Which is pretty much everything that you really need it to. The quirky limitations actually become part of the instrument.

TorresBob88 wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 2:15 am I had to figure out that the sequences are linked, you cant just press "copy" like MPC. You have to make it "unique". ...which is "copy".
By default when you Ctrl+drag a sequence clip it will be a unique copy.
So i'm a bit confused by why you have to use "Make Unique" all the time.
Please elaborate.
And everything else that actual DAWS do. But once I got the "language" down, its wonderfully fluid. Almost immediately natural without concentrating on it and fishing around for things. Which is what makes it seem more like instrument then a technical experience to me. Which is why I can understand where it might not have some functions that much more footprint and resource heavy DAWS do, but that allows it to be so smooth at the things it does. Which is pretty much everything that you really need it to.
Thank you.
The quirky limitations actually become part of the instrument.
Always feel free to report things that feel quirky / uncomfortable.
I can't promise everything (due to the solo dev limits) but i'll do my best to polish away rough edges.

Return to “MUTOOLS”