PaulXStretch - has an update....

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
PaulXStretch

yes! yep! by another developer...

well, i assume PaulXStretch was already GPL 3.x4743993...

based on PaulXStretch;

https://sonosaurus.com/paulxstretch/

"This application/plugin is based on the PaulStretch algorithm (Paul’s Extreme Time Stretch, originally developed by Nasca Octavian Paul), and specifically the PaulXStretch version from Xenakios. The UI has been updated, adapted for various screen sizes, and built for the latest platforms. "

so nothing under the hood, but more up-to-date, also M1....

Yaay! Thanks. :)

Thanks - absolutely fantastic.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W11, Ryzen 7900, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2024 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

What a great update of a great plugin!

I never ever used it so far.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

cool, nice gui update.

Ooh nice work! Hoping my old projects (standalone) will load..

Fantastic, however it crashes Live 11 (Win10) to desktop when trying to insert it on a track. Sent a report to the guy.

Also beta on IOS! You need TestFlight app from Apple to launch beta version of PaulXStretch.

it works in reaper, didn't try other DAW's, the workflow is quite improved, and it seems that is also faster in 'rendering'.

a tool with a real history. and still can make unique things, instead of instant ambient.... o well, whatever you like....

the harmonics tool, the free filter, etc. etc.

with a great source, well if you stretch it like 'paul', o well, still with a great source file/sample, it can get unique.

i am repeating myself!

It doesn't install properly and it doesn't run on MacOS X 10.14.6, Logic Pro X 10.5.1 .
I had already the Xenakios version installed and did not remove it manually before installing this update. I cannot see this newly installed version among my AU plug-ins now.

there is a support link at the bottom of the page, if there are issues, it will be great if it works for all... of course..

WasteLand wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 8:34 pm there is a support link at the bottom of the page, if there are issues, it will be great if it works for all... of course..
Yes, thank you very much, I have just reported the issue by writing to that support address a moment ago. Let's hope for the best, it would be interesting to use it.

I am the developer of the new version of PaulXStretch... thanks for the bug reports!

Just in case you were wondering the plugin has a new ID and vendor name, so it shouldn't conflict with your old projects using the Xenakios version... the new one shows up under Sonosaurus.
[EDIT: actually since it may have the same filename, it will still conflict with the older one, unless you rename the older one first]

As mentioned above there is a problem with the AudioUnit not loading in the current build... looking into that. [EDIT: fixed in 1.5.1]
Last edited by essejlc on Fri Apr 22, 2022 3:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sonosaurus LLC - Developer of SooperLooper, SonoBus, ThumbJam, DrumJam, TonalEnergy Tuner

There is a new update available for Mac/Win/iOS, download from https://sonosaurus.com/paulxstretch

v1.5.1 mac/win, shows up as 1.5.0(107) for iOS

- fixed passthrough when capturing
- added declicking fades when bypassing input passthrough, playback, and recording
- layout tweaks for extra small windows
- waveform scrollbar improvements, visible edge drag handles, and allows dragging from anywhere
- minor visual tweaks
- plugin supports multi-bus inputs and outputs (mac/win)
- fixed AudioUnit validation problem (Mac)
- fixed VST3 installation issue on windows
(be sure to uninstall first, you may need to manually remove the C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3\PaulXStretch.vst3 first... also remove the .aaxplugin that got in there too!)
Last edited by essejlc on Fri Apr 22, 2022 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sonosaurus LLC - Developer of SooperLooper, SonoBus, ThumbJam, DrumJam, TonalEnergy Tuner

essejlc wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 9:13 pm I am the developer of the new version of PaulXStretch... thanks for the bug reports!

Just in case you were wondering the plugin has a new ID and vendor name, so it shouldn't conflict with your old projects using the Xenakios version... the new one shows up under Sonosaurus.
Thank you for reactivating and polishing PaulX. This one really needs to keep on living. Do you plan any more features to implement in the future?

Also again thanks to Xenakios for so many great things. And of course to Paul Nasca too.
rabbit in a hole

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”