Problems with presets

Official support for: kv331audio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm re-posting this as a separate topic. Does anybody else notice these problems?

Hi,
I just installed v2.9.11 and I have some problems with presets.
"AMB Dreamy Sequence" in the Factory presets plays no sound with overlapping midi notes. It should play one or the other other overlapping note. "AR Black Magic" (Factory) cuts out the bass part on overlapping notes. I haven't checked any others.

"PD Alpha Juno RL", "PD Enigma Pad" and others in Rob Lee EDM Expansion 2 play only one note of a chord even though VOICES is set to POLY. It's acting as though MONO is selected.

These problems occur in both Reaper and Bitwig.

Thanks.

margaret0547 wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:15 am
"PD Alpha Juno RL", "PD Enigma Pad" and others in Rob Lee EDM Expansion 2 play only one note of a chord even though VOICES is set to POLY. It's acting as though MONO is selected.
Hi,

Please change the preset/global polyphony for those presets, or lower layer unison values. Their polyphony is set to 8 voices but unison is at 5 -> when you press a single note, 5 voices will play at once.
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

OK,
I had to change the preset polyphony to at least 24 voices for it to work right. Why wasn't it set that way in Mr. Lee's original presets, I wonder?

Your solution didn't have any effect on the Factory AMB Dreamy Sequence or AR Black Magic presets.
The first preset has VOICES = POLY and Polyphony = 16, I changed 16 to 32 and It still behaves the same way: only one note of a chord plays and overlapping notes produce no sound. It's not my midi controller because it behaves the same way for notes mouse clicked into the piano roll.

No luck with the second preset either.

margaret0547 wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 2:29 pm
Your solution didn't have any effect on the Factory AMB Dreamy Sequence or AR Black Magic presets.
The first preset has VOICES = POLY and Polyphony = 16, I changed 16 to 32 and It still behaves the same way: only one note of a chord plays and overlapping notes produce no sound. It's not my midi controller because it behaves the same way for notes mouse clicked into the piano roll.

No luck with the second preset either.
Arps in Sequence mode play the FIRST note that you press. This is by design.
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

Yes, but I'm getting no sound
It makes it awkward to play this patch from a keyboard because it's very difficult to always have perfectly no overlap between notes as I play. SynthMaster is the only plugin I can remember where I've encountered this behavior.

Just saying. :-?

Return to “KV331 Audio”