Crash in Speedrum when repeatedly changing sample with next/previous/random buttons

Official support for: apisoniclabs.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I had Speedrum and Reaper freeze today after auditioning samples in a folder with the random button for a little while. I did a little testing after that, and seems I can consistently get a crash by repeatedly hitting the next/previous/random sample buttons. Although it can take a while sometimes, even dozens of times hitting the button... (First encountered it with version 1.2.2, but I went back and tested with 1.1.2 as well and had similar results, so doesn't seem to be a recent regression.)

This is on Linux (Debian testing), recent-ish Reaper dev build.
Artist name Ben Enkindle. I make electronic music with Linux software.

I thought I solved it in the last upgrade, but obviously I didn't ... as far as I noticed it only happens if the pad is in Poly mode, did you notice that in retigger mode as well?

This was in retrigger mode, yes.

But testing a little more just now, it seemed like I could only trigger the crash when I was hitting the buttons while the DAW was playing back and there was midi coming into Speedrum. So could this maybe have something to do with trying to change samples while the old sample is still playing, or something like that?

Yeah, probably something like that. Thanks for testing.

I sent you something to try, check the PM

Yup, received it. Didn't have a chance to experiment very extensively, but I loaded up a project and jammed on those buttons for a while and didn't manage to trigger a crash. So looking promising.

Ok, thanks!

Well darn it. I thought this issue had been fixed, but I just had Speedrum 1.3.1 freeze again while (fairly rapidly) switching samples using those next/previous sample buttons. Managed to replicate it as well. As before, it only seems to happen when repeatedly changing samples while playing back. So I guess I just never happened to run into the issue (which is entirely possible, I've focused on mixing older tracks over the recent months, not doing much work that would've involved a lot of switching samples), unless there's been some kind of regression since the time we thought it was fixed...

Hm, it should be fixed... it could be a different thing but manifests itself that way... I will look at it again

Return to “Apisonic Labs”