SoloRack v2.0 Release

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

SoloRack_Prev.jpg

20 New Modules
Prev1.jpg
Prev2.jpg
Prev3.jpg
Prev4.jpg

Finally, after almost three years of work in my spare time, I'm excited to release SoloRack Version 2.0. With a new polyphony system, Resizable and skinable GUI, more enhancements and 20 new modules, 19 of them are included in the System B (The remaining one is FREE!). Please download the update from the following links:

64bit Version: http://www.solostuff.net/wp-content/upl ... p2.x64.zip
32bit Version: http://www.solostuff.net/wp-content/upl ... Setup2.zip

New in this update:
- New easy polyphony system. No special cables. No dedicated modules. Similar to the Nord Modular. Just set the number of voices, connect the poly chainer module and thats it. Details here: http://www.solostuff.net/polyphony-in-solorack/
- Resizable and skinable GUI. Currently 3 skins available.
- Copy/Paste modules (right click menu). You can paste into an existing module or to an empty rack space.
- Press CTRL to drag multiple modules together.
- Added S315 Mini Sampler VCO
- Added S216 Moving Fixed Filter Bank
- Added SE15 Signal Analyzer
- Added SE16 Wide Signal Analyzer
- Added SE20 Global Morph
- Added S313 Internet Radio
- Added S318 Tracker Mod Player (FREE!! Just connect to the SA02)
- Added S630 DX Distortion
- Added S610 Aliasing Triple Wave Folder
- Added S631 VC Distortion
- Added S634 Quick Distortion
- Added S518 Mouse Theremin
- Added S103 Matrix Mixer/VCA
- Added S810 4X4 Sequence Router
- Added SD31 MIDI Trance Gate
- Added SD33 MIDI Arpeggiator
- Added SD30 MIDI Recorder
- Added SD14 Clock/Sync To MIDI
- Added SA13 Clipped 2 DAW
- Added S210 Dual DC Blocker
- S515 VCLFO now has two outputs. Uni-polar and bipolar.
- S321 VCO now has a new High/Low FB switch to allow for strong feedback. Default is Low
- S201 VCF now has Wide/Narrow switch. "Narrow" will make cutoff knob cover the more practically audible range.
- Cable thickness adjustable.
- Flat cables option.
- Window height adjustable in menu (this was hidden before)
- Advanced oversampling filter settings are now shown in the menu by default. (This was hidden before)
- Lower overall CPU usage.
- Multiple bugs fixed.

The one thing that SoloRack is in desperate need for now is a new lot of presets utilizing the new modules. Well, I've added some 25+ presets but thats nothing to speak of. I intend to add more in a latter update. Most of the current sound library was done when SoloRack was first released back in 2017. The synth has gotten way more powerful since then. So I don't consider the current preset library as representative of SoloRack's capabilities.

The new presets are scattered in the library. If you like to just listen to them quickly, you can download them separately: http://www.solostuff.net/wp-content/upl ... in_V2.zip.

Enjoy :)
With regards,
Ammar
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by S0lo on Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
www.solostuff.net
Advice is heavy. So don’t send it like a mountain.

YAY

Thanks so much! - looks great and the medium ui size option is perfect here :love:
γνῶθι σαὐτόν

will you offer a complete bundle with the extra modules?
thanks

Gosh wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:07 am will you offer a complete bundle with the extra modules?
thanks
I’m thinking of making a second bundle that will include just the extra modules (edit: still not sure). But this will take a long while as I need to make many more extra modules. Basically, if I do this, and you buy some extras now, the price you payed now will be deducted from the upgrade price of the second bundle later.

Don’t worry. I know what your thinking :wink:. I’ll make it worth while
Last edited by S0lo on Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
www.solostuff.net

This looks great! I have been looking for a virtual modular setup that would work on a 32 bit system. Do I understand correctly that System B includes all of the current modules (90+ currently, it seems from the shop), not just the new ones?

What are the limitations of the demo version? Also, when does the sale end :) ?
Last edited by bharris22 on Fri Oct 08, 2021 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

S0lo wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 2:17 pm
Gosh wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:07 am will you offer a complete bundle with the extra modules?
thanks
I’m thinking of making a second bundle that will include just the extra modules. But this will take a long while as I need to make many more extra modules. Basically, if I do this, and you buy some extras now, the price you payed now will be deducted from the upgrade price of the second bundle later.

Don’t worry. I know what your thinking :wink:. I’ll make it worth while
Thanks for the answer. I tried the demo some time ago and remember that I liked it. Will investigate further...

cool that you also make a 32bit version. Will download the demo :)
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

bharris22 wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 2:37 pm This looks great! I have been looking for a virtual modular setup that would work on a 32 bit system. Do I understand correctly that System B includes all of the current modules (90+ currently, it seems from the shop), not just the new ones?

What are the limitations of the demo version? Also, when does the sale end :) ?
Thanks. The System B currently has 81 modules. So yes, not just the new stuff. The demo produces noise every few minutes and shows a red block on the modules while doing so.

The sale is for two weeks. So until 22nd of October.
www.solostuff.net

Great - thanks!

this looks and sounds great :)
not in the market for a new soft modular myself, but hope this does well for you and grows!!!

Thanks to all :)

May I also note that there is a FREE module there. A mod player for the retro nerds. Just connect it to the SA02 as shown:

tracker_prev.jpg

You don't need a license for it. So you can play your old tracks in your DAW. You can change speed/BPM/pitch and mute selectively the samples/channels. It can download random tracks from ModArchive.com. It can also play mp3 and commodore 64 SID using a free extension. You can even sync to DAW if you decide to take the System B. Details here:

http://www.solostuff.net/product/S318-T ... od-Player/
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
www.solostuff.net

Preview of the other two skins. In Small size, larger sizes look better off course

SoloRack_modern.jpg

SoloRack_polar.jpg
www.solostuff.net

I would like to just note about a single error regarding the image of the System B on our website. The System B currently contains 81 modules as clearly indicated. But the picture/image on our website somehow (by mistake) contained duplicate modules that might have given some people the illusion that it's more than 81 modules.

This was completely unintentional and I corrected it now. If for any reason you are not satisfied. Please let me know, I'll cancel your order, and give you a full refund.
www.solostuff.net

A note for Reaper and Cakewalk users.

Those DAWs (and may be others) seem to have their own vertical scroll bars when the plugin height is beyond a certain limit. SoloRack has it's own scroll bars too. The problem is when the DAW's bars show they may take over the mouse wheel and create some other minor visual issues that prevent wheel and automatic scrolling thats in SoloRack. Therefore, it is best to set SoloRack's "Windows Height" to NOT exceed screen limits. i.e make sure Reapers scroll bars don't show up. This will give you a better visual experience.
www.solostuff.net

Return to “Modular Synthesis”