Major Problem: All My Plug ins are deactivated! Please help!

Official support for: arturia.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I don't understand how this has happened but each one is now asking me to activate everything again with "5 activations remaining".

I don't really know what has happened and would appreciate some advice on how to prcoeed. Do I just simply reactivate everything or will that cause problems? What about all the settings and presets i've made? If I've lost all those I will be furious. I've spent weeks working on my music, if all that is lost I will go out of my mind!

The product page tells me everything is registered so there shouldn't be a problem

Could someone please help, thanks

Just reactivate them in ASC. They are still installed and all your patches etc. are there. You can activate Arturia licenses on up to five computers at the same time so "5 activations remaining" indicates that your computer was somehow deactivated and you currently have all 5 activations available to use.
Softsynth addict and electronic music enthusiast.
"Destruction is the work of an afternoon. Creation is the work of a lifetime."

Greenstorm33 wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 8:04 pm Just reactivate them in ASC. They are still installed and all your patches etc. are there. You can activate Arturia licenses on up to five computers at the same time so "5 activations remaining" indicates that your computer was somehow deactivated and you currently have all 5 activations available to use.
So to be clear the number of activations pertains to how many machines you can have running the vst simultaneously? I wasn't sure if it meant you could only activate the program, even on the same computer, 5 times. Hence this costing me an activation.

I'm a bit simple, i find all this license stuff confusing.

No, it's concurrent activations. You'll see it drop to four when you reactivate. You can then deactivate your computer in your Arturia account at any time (e.g. if you are switching to a new computer) and all the activated products will once again have five activations available.

Doesn't that mean that, in the admitteldy unlikely event, this happens another 4 times, this computer won't be able to run the software i've paid for anymore? How would Arturia even know the software is being run on a given machine, unless it's running multiple instances of a plug in simultaneously?

Just to be clear you can run as many instances of an activated plugin as you want on your computer. The activation just indicates that you're allowed to run the plugin on that computer and you are allowed up to five computers where this is the case. You'll never run out of activations because you can remove an activated computer using your account on the Arturia website. For example if your computer died you could do this to free up the activation since the computer no longer works.

Your current issue has not lost you any activations. You had four free activations available when your computer was previously activated (5 total - 1 used = 4 free/available), now your computer is deactivated and so your available activations increased to five which is the maximum you can have.

Ok, I appreciate the clarification.

I have reactivated a couple of the plug ins, which now work...except they have reset the entire plug in to the default preset and turned the all the settings down to zero (weirdly). Unfortunately it looks like all the parts I had that were not saved as presets I've now lost. I don't really understand how that is possible given the saved song file should have that stored, but apparently not. I am extremely unhappy about this and I do not understand what has happened. That's a ton of work lost, even when I had backed up the song files themselves. I guess in future I'll have to save all the sounds in my tracks as presets just to be on the safe side.

You're sure the plugins aren't in demo mode still for some reason? You will see "Demo" in the plugin header on the upper right. That's the only thing I can think of that would make a patch you had saved with a project not load now. Like you said, all the data for the patches should be contained in the project file itself. If they're not in demo mode it may be worth contact Arturia support and see if they can help.

No, they aren't. I can use them as normal and create patches etc. It's just the parts in my saved songs that weren't already made into presets were now reset to what I guess is 'factory mode' with the default 'new preset setting' except with the volume turned down.

All my Arturia plugins also became deactivated. Very strange.

Return to “Arturia”