Shreddage 3 Rogue & Hydra play incorrect notes after drop

Official support for: impactsoundworks.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have run into a unique issue I've never had to deal with.
First, I'm using the latest Reaper, windows 10, Shreddage 3: Hydra, Rogue, and Abyss.
Now, the guitars' verse and chorus play perfect at the start of the song. The song later goes into a nasty drop, and then switches back to the verse and chorus and when that occurs the guitars' midi notes are the same but the notes are in the wrong key.
During playback, if I click back to the start of the verse and chorus that is playing out of key the notes drop back down to the correct key.
I have even split them into a separate set of tracks and it still happens.
I am stumped. Any ideas? What information am I missing that may help solve this?
Thank you.

Could you post a MIDI file? I'm assuming you're using the default snapshot, or were there any articulation changes made?
Shreddage 3 Stratus: Next generation Kontakt Player guitar, now available!

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

Ok, I figured it out. It was not shreddage per se.
In a section before the drop I did a pitch bend on the last note in reaper's pitch envelope (I'm still not clear how to do it with shreddage after 2 years).
Even though the pitch bend was in a section split from the next midi block on the same track, the pitch bend carried over and that's why the guitars were not in the correct key. And why when I'd click back on to the start of the new midi it would reset the pitch.

petersedova wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 4:16 pm(I'm still not clear how to do it with shreddage after 2 years)
You would use MIDI editor's Pitch Bend lane to draw in pitch bend events...

Return to “Impact Soundworks”