Toybox Nano Pack Released

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey Guys

We just released the Nano Pack! :)

The pack features over 500 ultra high-quality, low CPU blocks designed for modern sound design.

Features include:
  • 500 Small, low CPU blocks for unlimited flexibility
  • Infinite Linear Oversampling (ILO) used for waveshapers, samplers, wavetables and oscillators (ILO is a DSP technique that greatly reduces aliasing distortion for an extremely clean/analog sound)
  • Flexible audio-rate modulations; every control has it’s own modulation input
  • 34 oscillator blocks utilising analog modelling, wavetable, additive, modal synthesis, physical modelling, oscillator stacking, phase distortion and more!
  • 76 high quality effects blocks including blocks for saturation, wave-folding, dynamics, spectral effects, vintage and modern reverbs, grain cloud, convolution and more!
  • 26 filter block utilising ultra high quality ZDF algorithms, including equalisers, comb filters, morphing filters, vintage modelled filters (ladder, sallen-Key, OTA, diode)
  • Sampler blocks for granular and formant processing, drum hits, automatic sampling, buffer manipulations etc.
  • A suite of versatile sequencer blocks that can be combined for creative sequencing and routing of sounds. Sequencer types include: gate, note, euclidean, bit, repeat, roll etc.
  • A ‘position’ port is used to drive the sequencers, which means you can control the playback position of any sequencer using any signal in your rack, for very complex and experimental sequencer patches. Use modulation or audio signals to drive sequencers or feed audio signals back to the position input to stutter and glitch playback
  • ‘Position Splitter’ and ‘Position Effects’ blocks can be used to divide and modify the signals driving the sequences in different ways, modifying patterns for musical variation
  • Over 300 utility blocks covering everything from input and output, MIDI, OSC, scopes and meters, recording, clocks, ramps, maths etc.
  • Maths functions, tables, arrays, build your own oscillators or filters just using blocks
  • Open up any block and modify it, while it’s being used (full Reaktor required)
  • Powerful snapshot system built into every block. Snapshots can be morphed and selected from an input port, or selected and edited globally by using MIDI and OSC
  • A set of blocks for use with the Tidal Cycles live coding environment

The pack can be used without limitations with the free Reaktor Player (no need to own full Reaktor).

INTRO PRICE $45.00 (normal price $64)

More information is available on the Toybox website:

www.toyboxaudio.com

David
Last edited by David@TOYBOX on Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

David@TOYBOX wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:13 pm ...over 500...
Wow, you've been busy! I've been using Reaktor more and more. I might have to snatch these up soon! They look promising!

I have all your other blocks aside from the new vintage sampler. One of these days, if you have time, it would be awesome if you could put out some kind of a video or a guide to using your polyphonic blocks properly. Maybe you already have something like this and I missed it. Every time I try to put something polyphonic together, I have trouble getting it working, get frustrated, and quit. I am probably just being thick-headed!

man that is a shitload of blocks. Snatching this today.

Cheers
Stuck in Aperture Laboratories for a 2nd time!

paradiddle wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:58 pm man that is a shitload of blocks. Snatching this today.
Haha you're not wrong!

Also, just a reminder that the pack can be used without limitations with the free Reaktor Player, there's no need to own a full copy of Reaktor.

David@TOYBOX wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:24 pm
paradiddle wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:58 pm man that is a shitload of blocks. Snatching this today.
Haha you're not wrong!

Also, just a reminder that the pack can be used without limitations with the free Reaktor Player, there's no need to own a full copy of Reaktor.
how long will the intro price last? yes, BF victim, i must wait..
i scrolled down the list, a sounddesign heaven it seems..
(but don't own a launchpad...)

Nano Pack Drum Pattern rack is SO good. The only one I really spent a lot of time with so I assume the others are good as well! Thank you!

Bought it! Downloading now. I read through all the descriptions of the modules. This really looks like a great collection. And I like the compactness of these modules, as a rack can fill up the screen pretty quickly.

Well I just bought the full version of it :) Got reaktor 6 full too. It costs me 8.19940964250574 CAD cents per module. Pretty cheap I must say for all this can do. I work about 3 hours at my job and I can get this. :)

Anyways, I love the compactness of the blocks. Really great design!

David@TOYBOX wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:24 pm
Haha you're not wrong!

Is there any audio or video available?

There's a free version of it on the website if you didn't see it.

simmo75 wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:24 pm Is there any audio or video available?
Yes videos and tutorials will come, let me know if there's anything in particular we should cover?

A video about building a simple polyphonic synth from scratch and / or an effects chain, and then making it more complex, would be fab. I guess a lot of people (like me) still struggle with some basics on how to (literally) connect the dots, i.e. patch something together that works (esp. from polyphonic keyboard input)... With these nano blocks, I think it would be even more accessible than with the more complex Toybox modules.

A video showing the blocks being used to create a generative patch would be nice :).

David@TOYBOX wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:00 pm
simmo75 wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:24 pm Is there any audio or video available?
Yes videos and tutorials will come, let me know if there's anything in particular we should cover?
Thanks David, like tq said on comment below yours would be perfect :)
Many thanks.

OK perfect, can definitely cover some basic patching and polyphony. And some generative / sequencing stuff.

I guess I should do something with the block snapshots too? How to control them globally etc.

Return to “Modular Synthesis”