Wrong serial and key

Official support for: eventide.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,

In october 2019, Audio Plugin Deals offered licenses of Eventide Quadravox plug-ins.

Me and my sister made the inscription for this, and received each a serial number and key of Audio Plugin Deals (as you can see with the attached PDFs).

Unfortunally, none of this serials and keys worked (an error message was displayed on the Eventide website). We contacted many times Audio Plugin Deals to have the right serials and keys, but nobody replied... only automatic mails. We contacted Eventide, but the response was to contact Audio Plugin Deals... we contacted Audio Plugin Deals again, but still nothing.

So, today, we would that problem resolved. No more "contact Audio Plugin Deals" because :

1) Audio Plugin Deals no replies

2) Audio Plugin Deals is an Eventide partner

3) If Audio Plugin Deals is not trustworthy, Eventide should stop working with Audio Plugin Deals

Maybe Eventide consider it's not theirproblem, in this case Eventide should stop to work with Audio Plugin Deals. If Eventide continue to work with Audio Plugin Deals, they are "partner in crime" of Audio Plugin Deals and share the responsability. If Eventide disagree the lack of support from Audio Plugin Deals, they should act and prove it.

We have to add that even if it's a gift from Eventide and Audio Plugin Deals, it's like a contract, a promise. So, it's a question of honor to honour it, a word given should be respected. Honesty is a cardinal virtue.

We are so disgusted with the attitude of Eventide and Audio Plugin Deals that we gave up on buying Blackhole and ShimmerVerb.

If we grant doubt to Audio Plugin Deals - Errare humanum est, perseverare diabolicum - it's still possible to Eventide or Audio Plugin Deals to resolve the issue... better late than never.

A bit too much drama just because a freebee imo.
Lesson learned: when getting a code, just redeem it immediately.
Otherwise it will become invalid at a certain point of time.

Calenberger wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 7:45 am A bit too much drama just because a freebee imo.
Lesson learned: when getting a code, just redeem it immediately.
Otherwise it will become invalid at a certain point of time.
We redeem it immediatly in october 2019 and written a dozen of times to Audio Plugin Deals (and Eventide). Eventide replied to contact Audio Plugins Deals (it was done, as you see), but Audio Plugin Deals never replied. It's not a drama, it's a question of honesty, even it's a gift.

We don't use cracked software, we respect developpers... and we hope that developpers do the same. So, we feel that Eventide and Audio Plugin Deals are not trustworthy. If we are wrong, we do not doubt that Eventide or Audio Plugin Deals solve this problem. Better late than never.

A friend suggested us to search a cracked copy of Quadravox, but this is not a solution. It's not compatible with our way of seeing things, it would be an offense to ourselves.

We have chosen to expose this issue not so much in the hope that it will be resolved, but more importantly so that people will know how Audio Plugins Deals and Eventide are treating people.

You have no way of telling whether APD replied and your email host simply blocked the the emails - I had that situation with Plugin Alliance some years back. A different email account? No problem.

In the event, you waited almost a year to complain publicly about this - why so long? As you've had an account here since 2016 and had asked earlier – particularly while the offer was still active – you might have found out that APD has an account here and, I believe, is contactable by private message.

Sometimes things go astray. Doing this kind of "I'll slime them publicly until they give me what I want" probably is not going to go well.

The email host is transparent, all emails blocked are in the spam folder and we look it every day. If we complain publicly now, it's because we gave a chance to Audio Plugin Deals and Eventide to solve the problem. We contacted Audio Plugins Deals by the support on the website and by private message.

Sometimes, when you tried to solve a problem elegantly without success, expose it publicly is the only way. Audio Plugin Deals and Eventide had 10 months to act, they never did.

We think that people have to know that...

Not all emails make it to the spam folder. Some will get blocked at the server, which is what happened with PA. The only way you have a chance of seeing that happen is to operate your own mail server - and even then it can be hard to track down because sometimes the remote host simply fails to connect properly or times out.

We received the messages about support request, so the problem is that the requests was never taken in consideration.

We have contacted APD via their KVR account, so wait and see... (thank you Gamma(

I wonder how things like these can happen... I was under the impression that shops get a set of keys from the companies and sell those then, one by one. Seems like a case of misorganisation to me if they provide keys to their customers which don't work, or already have been redeemed.

BTW, I can vouch for Plugin Boutique. The times I reached for their support, they were very responsive and helpful. Doesn't help you in this case, just saying for future reference.

I was fortunate enough to get a working key for Quadravox from APD though. So, I can also confirm that they didn't just give out keys which won't work (which is obvious, but, just saying that it worked for me).

chk071 wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 2:19 pm I wonder how things like these can happen... I was under the impression that shops get a set of keys from the companies and sell those then, one by one. Seems like a case of misorganisation to me if they provide keys to their customers which don't work, or already have been redeemed.
Looking back at the comments on BPB from last year, there was an issue if a lot of people signed up at once. The back-end didn't distinguish between two "purchases" made at the same time and delivered identical keys to those two customers – it's easily done as you wouldn't notice it during testing where volumes are typically low unless you do real stress testing. One user would register the key first and get the plugin.

I saw an estimate that it affected 1% of transactions but as it seemed to be a popular offer that could easily add up to a hundred people or more.

skippy63 wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:49 pm We have contacted APD via their KVR account, so wait and see... (thank you Gamma(
Through this promo we gave away tens of thousands of copies of Quadravox. Glitches occur from time to time. On behalf of Eventide, I apologize for your experience. Please send me your email address so I can get you taken care of.

Thank you Orville, I send you a private message. :)
Orville71 wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:46 pm
skippy63 wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:49 pm We have contacted APD via their KVR account, so wait and see... (thank you Gamma(
Through this promo we gave away tens of thousands of copies of Quadravox. Glitches occur from time to time. On behalf of Eventide, I apologize for your experience. Please send me your email address so I can get you taken care of.

Everything should be taken care of from here on out. Post some music you make with Quadravox and grab our free PENDULATE mono synth while you're at it: https://www.eventideaudio.com/promo/pendulate

Thank you very much Eventide and Orville71, the problem is solved. It's fine. :)

Return to “Eventide”