[Resolved please update at AIR Website] Beware, iLok/PACE installation (BSOD) problems (Structure/Strike)!

Official support for: www.airmusictech.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I just want to give a heads-up regarding some iLok/PACE problems I encountered last night.

I have built a new computer, which I have spent days now installing from scratch. Latest PAC License Support (5.2.1.3096) was already installed when I started to install my AIR plugins.

Usually when you already have PACE installed, the plugin installer skips this step. But since AIR installers are centuries old, two of them (Structure/Strike) forces an installation of an older version (2.4.6). It doesn't remove the newer version either, just installs 2.4.6. At this moment, I didn't know this, so much later, when I rebooted my computer, it blue screened on me, not giving me a clue why.

I spend hours troubleshooting in total, and the only thing I could do was to revert back to the most recent restore point (1+ day).

I started to install the softwares again, but this time I started with the ones I last installed, the AIR plugins. After a restart my computer blue screened again, and now I wasn't only suspicious it could be the AIR installers, I was almost sure. Once again I reverted back to the latest restore point, and after installing Structure and Strike I noticed there were two versions of PACE installed, and this caused the BSOD on boot. To be sure I uninstalled both version and re-installed the latest again, and now it's working fine.

But a question to the AIR people (and all other developers who might read this), WHY are you including the PACE drivers in you installation files? They are quickly getting old, and in this case they are legacy, because you haven't managed to update your software for more than 5 years in most cases.
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

Apologies for the inconvenience we are aware of an issue with the latest Windows 10 update causing conflicts with the bundled pace drivers.

Our latest updates no longer include Pace inside the main installer and update to the latest version. We are in the process of updating all instruments and the first Hybrid 3, Mini Grand and Velvet are now available.
Digital Team

inMusic Brands
AIR | Akai Professional | Alesis | ▲lto Professional | Denon DJ | Denon Professional | ION Audio | M-Audio | Marantz Professional | MixMeister | Numark | SONiVOX
Email. sbangs@inmusicbrands.com

sbangs_air wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:22 pm Apologies for the inconvenience we are aware of an issue with the latest Windows 10 update causing conflicts with the bundled pace drivers.

Our latest updates no longer include Pace inside the main installer and update to the latest version. We are in the process of updating all instruments and the first Hybrid 3, Mini Grand and Velvet are now available.
Currently setting up a brand new studio PC. Is it safe to install the old bundled PACE drivers and then upgrade them to the latest version immediately after? Or will they mess up the PC?

After reading this my thought is to install Structure and Strike as the first VSTs on the new system, as a way to work around the bundled drivers issue. But if it can potentially wreck the new PC, I would wait for the updated versions of the plugins and install only Hybrid 3, Mini Grand and Velvet until the others get updated.

quietzone wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:27 am
sbangs_air wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:22 pm Apologies for the inconvenience we are aware of an issue with the latest Windows 10 update causing conflicts with the bundled pace drivers.

Currently setting up a brand new studio PC. Is it safe to install the old bundled PACE drivers and then upgrade them to the latest version immediately after? Or will they mess up the PC?
Never install bundled software. No matter what software it is. Always download the most recent version from the website.

Please choose "Customise" during installation and choose to Skip the iLok install. Then install separately from their website.
Digital Team

inMusic Brands
AIR | Akai Professional | Alesis | ▲lto Professional | Denon DJ | Denon Professional | ION Audio | M-Audio | Marantz Professional | MixMeister | Numark | SONiVOX
Email. sbangs@inmusicbrands.com

Thanks guys, was more in relation to:
starflakeprj wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:17 pm

Usually when you already have PACE installed, the plugin installer skips this step. But since AIR installers are centuries old, two of them (Structure/Strike) forces an installation of an older version (2.4.6). It doesn't remove the newer version either, just installs 2.4.6. At this moment, I didn't know this, so much later, when I rebooted my computer, it blue screened on me, not giving me a clue why
As Rivanni suggested, I went for the latest iLok version directly from iLok, and I will wait for the updated installers to install Structure and Strike.

It would be great to fix also Ignite, the latest available version, 1.4.1, crashed my PC in the same way, by enforcing the installation of an old version of iLok License Manager, incompatible with the latest Windows 10.

Thank you!

This just happened to me twice in one day till I figured out what the problem was and landed up on this post. Installed Xpand2 for the first time, restarted my pc and bsod. I suspected it was because of that but couldn't be sure. Had to do a system restore which made me reinstall all the other apps which I had installed post restore point. Reinstalled Xpand2 as well and the exact same thing happened again. Why hasn't this been fixed despite of it being a known issue since such a long time?
Ableton Live | Numark Party Mix II | Arturia MINILAB 3

I can't believe this! This also happened to me yesterday after installing the black friday deals. This can't be true :-(.

So how can I get out of this situation!? I have no returning point for windows, because my hdd was short on space.

Can I do anything to get back to normal!?

Please airmusic, give us a solution to this. I can't just reinstall windows. There are weeks of work in that PC and many activations which may get lost.

Please, I need steps which I can do now to correct what your installers screwed up...

Rename Tpkd.sys in system32 drivers start again, uninstall wrong pace version.

That's it, thats the solution.

rename the system 32 file to what?

jponce wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:06 am rename the system 32 file to what?
rename it to literally anything (or delete it), the point is this is the file that is causing the issue in the first place, you don't want startup to find it. rename from command prompt is a way you could go about it

I too had this issue recently with Ignite (v 1.4.1), and Sonivox Twist 2 v 2.3. Both Air Misic Technology and Sonivox are owned by Inmusic Brands and the splash screen on both installers was simialr. The only advice I had from Air Music Technology about the Ignite install was to choose to not install the iLok software by ensuring a tck box was not ticked. This was unhelpful as there was no option to avoid teh installation of the iLok software (this also applies to Twist 2).

From this thread it would appear that both of these companies have been aware of the issue for some time.

How long will it take for Air Music Technology and Sonivox to fix this problem?

I have found a possible solution on the[url] Cockos Reaper Forum from FACEX724. [https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php ... hic&page=3]

It worked for me. Just be sure to uninstall the Pace app that is installed during this installation.
Last edited by rogerl_uk on Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

After purchasing their VSTs some time ago, today I decided to finally install Xpand2! and it caused me to spend an hour to get Windows 10 to run properly. I see from this thread that the developer had known about this problem more than half a year ago and has done nothing since. I would strongly advise anyone considering Air Music Technology VSTs to run. This company is a mess.

Return to “AIR Music Technology”