Can't make my DAW find Maizesampler - help?

Official English support for: maizesoft.cn
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Dear Anyone.

Bought a bunch of 'retro synths' from LFO Audio, installed them and my DAW, Quick Score Elite Level 2 from Sionsoft, won't find any of them. So I looked at the extensions on the instruments and they were all .MSE files, which means Maize sampler, right?

Now Maize sampler's the first VST ever that QSE's failed to recognise, doesn't matter where I put it, it flat doesn't believe it's there. So I was wondering if it's either possible to house it in another VST which QSE WILL recognise, or to converte the .MSE files into soundfont format, or Kontakt Player 4 format, or even Sampletank format, just so I get to use the sounds I bought. I knew QSE didn't like Maize sampler, just didn't realise till I'd paid my money that LFO Audio were using it. Is it possible to convert the sound files?

Yours hopefully

Chris.

You should contact LFO Audio about this, as they are the people who sold you the plugins in the first place. If it doesn't work on your system, you should get a refund.

It could be the case that the plugins were generated with Maize Sampler 2.7.0, which the change log shows:

6/29/2020: 2.70
- Upgraded application framework to improve plug-in compatibility
- Drop support of VST2 and 32bit
- Clean unused images in player GUI upon launch
- Add support to replace sample files without losing properties

From notes above it would appear that MaizeSampler 2.70 will produce vst plugins that are VST3 and 64-Bit.

Hopefully this gives you something to work with when you contact LFO Audio as SampleScience has suggested, maybe they can provide a vst2 or 32 bit version if that is indeed the problem.

Return to “Maizesoft”