Audiority Green Reaper GR9 updated to v1.2.1 - Overdrive Pedal Plugin - AAX, AU, CLAP, VST2, VST3

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

We are happy to announce to you our newest effect plugin: Green Reaper GR9

Green Reaper GR9 is an analog modeled simulation of THE overdrive stompbox of the early '80s.

The first incarnation of the Tube Screamer series, the TS-808, was first released in the 1979 and hand-wired by MAXON® engineers, who has been Ibanez’s production partners until 2002.
This pedal quickly became wildly popular due to its ability to deliver one of the smoothest and most responsive overdrive tones ever with just three controls. That’s why, still today, this is one of the most cloned and modified pedals ever.

We carefully modelled the original pedal and added some goodies, including several modified versions of the circuit, to further shape your guitar tone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMUrym7sf7A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4x6-JwoMlc

Price: $20/€20

More info: https://www.audiority.com/shop/green-reaper/

Cheers,
Luca
Last edited by Audiority on Sat May 18, 2024 8:18 am, edited 4 times in total.

Insta-buy for me. Not that there is a lack of this (and I actually own 5 hardware ones), but this sounds really good. I'm using it to push a reamped kemper track and it does exactly what my maxon 9-series does when in front of the kemper. I also run it with pads and synth leads, it's great as well.
Pretty awesome plugin for $10.
Thanks Luca.
:clap:
“In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.”

System Requirements ... Intel i5 or higher ... really? So it doesn't work with i3?

Luca knows his distortion, so I'll definitely check this out. It's got some stiff competition, though, doesn't it?
Last edited by ariston on Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Curious how this compares to The Scream by Cytomic...

filo01 wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:10 am System Requirements ... Intel i5 or higher ... really? So it doesn't work with i3?
it'll work, but it may have too high CPU usage due to how weak i3 is.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Burillo wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:37 am
filo01 wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:10 am System Requirements ... Intel i5 or higher ... really? So it doesn't work with i3?
it'll work, but it may have too high CPU usage due to how weak i3 is.
I don't find the CPU usage particularly high, about 1% on my i5 in non-HQ mode.
A bit fried in the higher freqs

abi wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:17 am Curious how this compares to The Scream by Cytomic...
He added 12 of the most popular TS mods/varaitions as different modes, like the brown mod, silver flattened mids mod (requested by me), Deadhorse (bronco) and many more. Technically if you know what your doing to a TS circuit you maybe able to do that with The Scream circuit editor/modder.

Why is the plugin window so big with so much blank space? Smaller window would be nice for such a simple pedal maybe?

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:19 pm Why is the plugin window so big with so much blank space? Smaller window would be nice for such a simple pedal maybe?
I make thumbnails of all my plugs in Cubase with the plugin manager and I hate when they are taller than they are wide, like most guitar pedal plugins, because they take up so much more space in my side window.

I doubt that this is the reason why Audiority pads the sides of the pedals with empty space, but I for one really appreciate it!!! Notice the difference between the Audiority pedals and the Effektor pedals in the screenshot - much easier to scroll through.

Regarding the Green Reaper, it is awesome! The mods are very different from each other and offer a lot of variation. The amp boost is a cool idea that I haven't used yet but am looking forward to trying out.

After a bit of demoing... The Scream sounds a tad better, as in: more convincing, to my ears. But not by much, really, and then there's the mods. A good selection that really transforms the unit and makes it hugely versatile. To be honest, I have neither the know-how nor the nerve to dig into Scream's guts, I really hope the final version will sport a lot of presets.

At 10 bucks intro price, you really can't go wrong with this. Great job!

Both are $$$cheap

Bought after demoing. Been looking for a virtual pedal that goes along nicely with the Ampeg VST I use for bass. It sounded great and easy to dial in. It was only after I bought I saw it had all this extra stuff like To Amp and circuit models. No brainer with this.

Bought after a short test, because I don’t have any TS emulations that I really like (both the TSE and IK one don’t really convince me) and ten bucks is a bargain.
I would usually use my Ibanez TS10 (any of the pedal experts here knows what exactly the difference is to the TS808? I’m no pedal nerd...) on the way in for pushing virtual amps, but for already recorded tracks or general distortion this will be useful.

Small FR: for quickly stepping through the mods, some forward/back buttons would be great, instead of always having to open the menu.

Return to “Effects”