Bass VI (in Fiesta Red) and other unusual guitars

A forum for discussion of all things guitar!
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Yarkshur had an influx of Bass VI (in Fiesta Red) recently, so wondered who else has gone beyond 6 strings?

For me it's mostly been instruments other than guitar (mandolin, banjo, Appalachian dulcimer), but I also have a 7 string electric (tuned to drop A).

Sounds incredible through a Russian Big Muff Pi, which can't be matched with other types of distortion. Lots of fun to play across the lowest 3 strings and figure out some interesting double stops that can be played as part of some single string riffing.

I have a dulcimer and an Irish Bouzouki. I love going 'deedle-eee deedle-dee-deedly' every so often. Uh oh. Now I'm going to be talking like Ned Sanders all day. :oops:
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

i started on the banjo.
moved up to 6 string when i realised teenage girls weren't interested in old irish folk as much as the metal.
i do ocassionally think of picking one up again.

vurt wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:28 pm i started on the banjo.
moved up to 6 string when i realised teenage girls weren't interested in old irish folk as much as the metal.
i do ocassionally think of picking one up again.
A teenage girl or a banjo?

a banjo.
teenage girls are boring. it's all eyebrows and false nails these days, not conversations i could even fake an interest in.
plus old women are filthy.

Banjos are fun to play though (not the 6 string kind though - that's for lazy guitarists who don't want to learn a new instrument)

cant say i was a great banjo player, more strumming backing. leaving the finger gymnastics to the old timers and fiddlers. was just one of them family outings each sunday to the local, playing old rebel songs :hihi:

vurt wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:43 pm cant say i was a great banjo player, more strumming backing. leaving the finger gymnastics to the old timers and fiddlers. was just one of them family outings each sunday to the local, playing old rebel songs :hihi:
I've learned more American styles of playing than anything from Irish folk music, but I'm not really that good at playing.

vurt wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:33 pm false nails these days,
In Fiesta Red?

donkey tugger wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:29 pm
vurt wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:33 pm false nails these days,
In Fiesta Red?
looks like it :tu:

I thought your hands would be hairier than that (the palms at least...)

Forgotten wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:23 pm I thought your hands would be hairier than that (the palms at least...)
:D :lol: :clap:

Forgotten wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:23 pm I thought your hands would be hairier than that (the palms at least...)
they're my moneymaker :)

I've recently been toying with the idea getting a bass VI.

The Squire models look pretty cool I must say from the various YouTube videos I've seen so now I just need to find a guitar store near me that actually sells these things so I can try one out for myself!
Last edited by Danswift on Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I always thought it was interesting that John Lennon and George Harrison both played one in The Beatles on a few songs when Paul McCartney played piano. Neither of them seemed to take advantage of the extended range, but I don't think either of them liked the role of bass player (John Lennon certainly made a point of saying so).

Return to “Guitars”