track rendering - not sounding the same?!

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

Just been rendering down some tracks, and ive noticed a huge significant difference in quality. I rendered a jx10 synth at 32 bit wav, 44.1, and figured out that it does not sound as "loud" or as precise sounding. I'm a/b-ing the rendered (on adobe audition 1.5) versus the live playback from tracktion and theres significant difference... Am i doing something wrong?

also as i mentioned just in another post, it isnt rendering a note cut, the note remains playing! I made a small test with a small midi clip, copying it over past 1 bar, and it renders a note through the rift of what should be silence.... what's up with that?

RonC

*bump* 31 views and no response? This is pretty significant...

RonC

Don't want to say "search the forum", but there are a handful of posts on the front page of the forum about rendering quality already. Why don't you read them?
"my gosh it's a friggin hardware"

rpc9943 wrote: also as i mentioned just in another post, it isnt rendering a note cut, the note remains playing! I made a small test with a small midi clip, copying it over past 1 bar, and it renders a note through the rift of what should be silence.... what's up with that?
Thats happened to me a couple of times recently: It seems to happen to notes that start right at the beginning of a clip.. moving the start of the clip back a bit (or merging it with an earlier blank one) worked for me..

hmm why is it not rendering what we are hearing? I did read back and it mostly looked like people ranting, a lot worse than I did about the situation, with no real quick fix. Even when I render in 32 bit, I am not hearing the same quality as when I play it. That's my point.

RonC

interesting.. I somehow got the lost quality. I suppose it is from the 32 bit is what i was looking for-- I think the big problem was with the mda jz10 rendering bug- I already posted it.. i hope its the only instrument its having problems with...

RonC

Return to “Tracktion”