Non GM defined controllers

Official support for: zynaddsubfx.sourceforge.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

As written in the manual, “ZynAddSubFx has controllers that are not defined in GM”.

Below the piano roll of my DAW (Reaper), there is a “CC Select Dropdown” (velocity, expression…). I select channel 75 called “sound Control” in Reaper, and “Brandwidth” in Zyn. Of course, nothing happens, because it’s not a GM controller. But what can I do, in Reaper or Zyn, to use the bars (like for velocity, etc) with these non GM controllers?

Thanks in advance.

umm.. it should work!
I'm not sure how 'bandwidth' should affect the sound in your particular patch, but it should respond to regular MIDI CC 75 messages. There's nothing special about them. Non-GM means they're not in the original GM spec., but they should be implemented in the same way as all the other CC messages.

Just a thought: maybe the effect of the control is not strong enough: check out the controllers window to define the depth of the modulation.

Try the same with the default controller assigned to cutoff frequency. That should work too.
== VDX == One Man can make a difference!
My music is on https://soundcloud.com/vdxi | Info | More Info

Hi Jackoo,

Sorry for this late post. I was focused on these subjects during summer holidays, but now…

Now, I understand better the CC mechanism, and the way Zyn works with it.

Now, I wait for the “new Zyn”, even if it’s just an interface relooking and better integration in Windows. My latest commercial synth is Izotope Iris 2: a gadget compared to Zyn!

Thanks for your help.

Raymond

www.marginalray.com

Return to “ZynAddSubFX”