FL Studio default project dir

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hi
is it somehow possible to change FLs default project dir to a path that i want?

verstaerker wrote:hi
is it somehow possible to change FLs default project dir to a path that i want?
You can save or open any project file from any directory you choose in the 'Open/Save As' dialogue under 'File'.

Also, you can add/change your VSTi dirs and browser file dirs in the 'Project' settings under 'Options'.

Another thing, if you need to have your project files on another separate drivee or whatever - Cut & paste your 'projects' dir to wherever you want it, and replace it in the Fruity dir with a 'shortcut' named 'Projects' pointing to where you put the real dir. Get it?

zzzzat any help? 8)

Xander wrote: You can save or open any project file from any directory you choose in the 'Open/Save As' dialogue under 'File'.

Also, you can add/change your VSTi dirs and browser file dirs in the 'Project' settings under 'Options'.

Another thing, if you need to have your project files on another separate drivee or whatever - Cut & paste your 'projects' dir to wherever you want it, and replace it in the Fruity dir with a 'shortcut' named 'Projects' pointing to where you put the real dir. Get it?

zzzzat any help? 8)
thank u for the quick answer, in the FL Looptalk nobody answered after 2 days :(

the trick with the shortcut helped, but FL didn't liked it first and couldnt find his templates anymore so i created a shortcut within in the project Dir to my projects

8)

verstaerker wrote:
Xander wrote: You can save or open any project file from any directory you choose in the 'Open/Save As' dialogue under 'File'.

zzzzat any help? 8)
thank u for the quick answer, in the FL Looptalk nobody answered after 2 days :(

the trick with the shortcut helped, but FL didn't liked it first and couldnt find his templates anymore so i created a shortcut within in the project Dir to my projects

8)
Kewl... :D

Yeah, I keep trying to clue those 'Staff Members' in Fruity Loop Talk on the benefits of being civil to their customers, but I'll be damned if sometimes they just don't seem to give a s hit. It can be a real product turnoff when that happens and their forum search engine bites. :roll:

On the other hand, there have been times I have posted a question in there and got 5 emails a week later with graphic aids and everything (mostly from other users), so it's not always so bad all the time. :)

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”