How come sometimes when I......

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

zoom in and out... i get pops and clicks in SX? My video card is a XFX geforce 5200 128 meg. Not great but not bad.

Also... sometimes i get a quick computer noise thing when i hit stop... even before i have 5000 tracks playing back. I notice it mostly when i'm programming with sample players.

Its really annoying! :x
Regards,
Jer

Is your windows set to maximum harware acceleration?

I have the same mb, and used to have clicks and pops causing me much grief. I thought it was the soundcard drivers, then graphics card drivers, turned out to be the ide drivers.
not saying that's your problem, but you can't f**king rule out anything!

yes... hardware acceleration is full.

Ide drivers? WTF? Who installs those? Doesn't XP install the ide drivers automatically? I've never installed a hard drive driver! Never.
Regards,
Jer

jerdude wrote: I've never installed a hard drive driver! Never.

Never!!!! NEVER!!! I'S TELL YOU !!!?!?!?!?!?!?? :evil:

:lol:
My other host is Bruce Forsyth

:lol:

serious though!

Am i missing a world of performance had i only installed the hard drive drivers. :cry:

doubt it :wink: !
Regards,
Jer

Could be your video drivers. Have you checked with GeForce for the latest ones?

Peter.

oops, my mistake..it was the unified drivers from nvidia\nforce (and my exp was with w2k)

jerdude wrote::lol:
serious though!

Am i missing a world of performance had i only nstalled the hard drive drivers. :cry:
doubt it :wink: !
oh well, I'm not the one in here asking for help.
:roll:

Hey daddy... i'm just messin :lol: !

I don't mean nothing. I just like to talk tuff and post lots of smileys :-o :nutter:

thanks for your suggestions... :hail: (i love that one!!!)

:hihi:
Regards,
Jer

Yo daddy....

You use the a7n8x-e dlx still? What graphics card did you have?

Anyone else have a clue what the fix might be to this little annoyance? :help:
Regards,
Jer

fixed!

In the BIOS, my AGP aperture size was set to 64 instead of 128. :-o The graphics card is a XFX 5200 128 MB card.

I think that was the reason cuz the problem is gone.

:D
Regards,
Jer

:) ha ha guys this is definately real cool .. suggest one of the most common noise problems for clicks turn OFF those bloody windows sound protocols !! mouse clicks keyboard pop up sounds etc !!! also check your software they sometimes put audio clicks in for mouse clicks etc
terryd

ha?

:?
Regards,
Jer

jerdude wrote:fixed!

In the BIOS, my AGP aperture size was set to 64 instead of 128. :-o The graphics card is a XFX 5200 128 MB card.

I think that was the reason cuz the problem is gone.

:D
The size of video ram and the size of the apeture doesn't buy you anything... except less system memory. Setting that size eats your system ram. If it work, then great, now try setting it back and see if it's gone all of a sudden. Considering you won't be using texture ram for Cubase, I don't see what it bought you in the first place. ;)

Devon
Simple music philosophy - Those who can, make music. Those who can't, make excuses.
Read my VST reviews at Traxmusic!

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”