NEED HELP: mapping questions

Official support for: sonicreality.com and esoundz.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Okay so I'm trying to make my own multisampled Drumkit for SampleTank2 and want to make it customizable so every Drum has its own slot...

but I just want to have the sounds on their respective root key... not spread across the whole keyboard

so e.g. I have two Kickdrums one at b0 (e.g.Kick Drum b0 v32.wav) and one at c1

okay so now I figured I just map silent wavs to the left and right: bb0 and c#1

the funny thing is bb0 works fine but c#1 doesn't and the c1 kickdrum is still spread across the keyboard

help me please
mully

btw.... the c#0 key on the minikeyboard doesn't work in my version - has anybody else seen this behaviour?????

ST2 is not ideal for mapping drum kits. You can fake it into not stretching across keys by putting a sample of silence above and below it (unless there is another sample to stop it's mapping there) or other outside of the box things... there will also be a build of Translator that will allow you to do more complex mapping, translating and sound building (I know because we've been helping Garth with the translations to ST2). Otherwise, mapping drums in another sampler might be easier unless you want to use ST2's lush effects... then those are some of the things to consider. If you see something along the way that you think may be a bug then report it to IK tech support.

Squids wrote:unless you want to use ST2's lush effects... then those are some of the things to consider.
yip that's what I'm trying to do..... thanks
Squids wrote:If you see something along the way that you think may be a bug then report it to IK tech support.
okay I did that now - here's what I wrote into the form:
support request wrote:Hi there,

okay so I have a little problem with the sample import tool..... I tried to make an instrument which only contains my favourite bassdrum (to replace bassdrums from other drumkits)

now I know that I need to make "stopper" samples which are silent in order to stop the kick drum to be spread across the keyboard. Okay so I did that and put them to Bb0 and C#1 (the kicks are at B0 and C1 [both with 8 velocitys])

strangely only the Bb0 sample stops the B0 sample from being spread to the right... but the C#1 sample doesn't stop the C1..... I also tried Db1 which didn't work either.

I also uploaded a picture to better describe what I'm talking about http://avatars.maulbeerbaum.de/samples.jpg

last but not least a little bug:

I also discovered another bug, the C#0 Key of the minikeyboard doesn't do anything.....

I hope my information will help you to solve the problem... if not just drop me a mail and I try to explain it better

thanks in advance
cheers,
mully

Return to “Sonic Reality / eSoundz.com”