mon vst

Official support for: xoxos
RELATED
PRODUCTS

just being a dickhead really. i've announced a few products before they were finished, i've never annouced one before i started working on it.

and due to the pathetic nature of egoists whose kvr presence is inextricably connected to their individual activities with a document editor, i thought i'd see if i had the jones to announce, and then follow through.

in my continued effort to significantly reduce your responsivity to marketing announcements as endless and total bullshit, i wuv you people of earth. stop paying attention and get on your shit.

percussion, abstract, probably free. and maybe i'll finish syng3 during the process haha.
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

Oooh la laa, even though you're not saying much, I'm already intrigued. ;)

But hey, I decided to pop around here 'cause I just asked in the sampling forum if someone has snare samples with the trap turned off (or whatever that rattling thing is called) ... Obviously it would be better if it was synthesized and lively -- and you can guess what that leads me to, asking for a new mind-blowing xoxos snare algorithm.

A bit of rattle, a bit of high pitched tom, with the playability of your usual drum magic.

And another thing that I was thinking about recently while perusing my bong (both of them) .. How about XY-pads instead of two knobs for parameter & velocity strength adjustments? Not necessarily square, but rectangular with the longer sides being vertical, or something like that. I think it would be a neat widget and since most of your plugins (if not all?) have that kind of functionality, it would fit right in there and be easier to adjust than two knobs. Perhaps something to put in to your thinking cap and let it simmer ..

Still haven't bought float, it always takes me months to up my Paypal balance, but must admit I'm impressed.

Hi I'm new in the forum, xoxos vst are a must-have look forward to expand my collection :tu:
the name mon sounds a bit like Asian percussion:)

it's got that, also considered onm, but i figured i'd just colour the m green :)

for those curious about the course of ideas, i think i put it together the next day. generates a series of inharmonic partials with a cluster/clusters of more close together partials.. has possibilities, cpu kinda creeping up as eg. post filtering or the ability to add more formant clusters is added. needs more work before its fate is discerned.

ras - try the sample dump function from blewm :p fft synthesis based on acoustic parameters. tried rigging somethnig from acousmodules, tho of course it would be easier on the vst..
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

xoxos wrote:it's got that, also considered onm, but i figured i'd just colour the m green :)
ok now I understand M :lol: N a good companion for bong:)

yeah i figured slow economic suicide was the most visible method of expressing my lack of appreciation for the intolerant dick faces who seem to be everywhere "the greatness of Freedom" reaches, without actually having to cut anyone into little pieces and push those little pieces inside other little pieces you make little holes in so you can push the pieces inside :)

my apologies but I do not speak English very well
I hope you can help if I wrote something wrong.

taking every opportunity i can to segue into berating "culture".

Hey! Atleast don't berate *all* cultures, there's some good ones as well, like the one you get out of the wild yeast in rye.

Judging by the other thread I reckon you know what I mean now, sorry for the confusion, if any. I'll use samples for now, I'll play around with blewm a bit more as well, but would be really sweet to have something similar as a synthesis option as well (I suppose an important aspect is how the sound re-triggers when playing a fill).

So today's the day for mon?

Hi Ras, if I can be of help (if I understand the sound that you want to get) I think a spring reverb effect can be useful.

Thanks for the tip, spring reverb is a usual thing for me, but this is something that needs to be done at the source, before effects. I got a few good sample recommendations in another thread, so I'll be happy regarding this kind of sound for some time now (that thread is here: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 2&t=433965).

radian?

I was going to respond the same thing (radian) after hearing the examples posted in the other thread,if not mistaken also modal can do with velocity seed settings ? I had come across something like trying to create a simmons snare.

some new detail of mon? Forgive my curiosity

Well now I feel just stupid, you know. I have stuff and I neglect it. Radian and Modal are exactly the kind of thing. Modal even has an XY-panel for my gadgety desires, I just don't pay attention.

In my excuse, I've been meaning to sample these, they're a bit heavy when there's a few instances .. But a resampling session doesn't sound bad now, I just haven't gotten around to it. Obviously have to do some synthesis first, I definitely haven't played around enough with these. Or I have to get used to using more automation on my drum tracks (in order to get more range out of these), that doesn't sound too bad either.

And I don't think it's the first time I've come here asking for something that's already there. I'm a true-born buffoon. Slap me with a large fish if you feel like it.

For what it's worth, many of xoxos' plugins don't show up in Studio One, which I've largely moved on to, and it's a bit of a hassle to load and operate plugins in subhosts.. excuses excuses, I'm a idiot. I'll try and get around it.

ras.s wrote: Slap me with a large fish if you feel like it.
[/img]
:lol:

Hello Ras, if I was sure I understood what you mean I would have responded immediately, but responded xoxos and confirmed. the important thing is not the problem but the solution, I'm new in the forum but I'm happy if I can be useful even if unfortunately my English is terrible sorry. I usually use radian and modal to synthesize the sounds and resample these with different velocity settings to create a multilayer kit and save cpu. Even the snare algorithms 4 and brush in bong with parameters velocity and Vary / seed setting create sounds very cool. the xoxos percussion instruments have no competition are the best to synthesize any sound :tu: when I found this I trashed without regrets all my sample library and many years of frustration :bang: to find the noise and the sound perfect for me (thanks xoxos), I'm synthetic sound addicts.

Return to “xoxos”