RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

Here is the new 2.14 update: http://www.bigtickaudio.com/rhino/downloads
Changes:
- new ZDF filter types
- new "Vintage Chorus" effect
- fixes for AudioUnit UI bugs.
- Command-click simulates right-click on Mac.

Merry Christmas !

Big Tick wrote:Hi,

Here is the new 2.14 update: http://www.bigtickaudio.com/rhino/downloads
Changes:
- new ZDF filter types
- new "Vintage Chorus" effect
- fixes for AudioUnit UI bugs.
- Command-click simulates right-click on Mac.

Merry Christmas !
Thanks for the update! You should make a bit more advertisement for Rhino, people here mention it pretty rarely, even if it's a great synth! :love:

Thanks so much for the update ! But what happened to the GUI ?
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

What's wrong with the GUI ?

Thank you for this update!!! Rhino still rocks! Merry Christmas to you as well!

Big Tick wrote:What's wrong with the GUI ?
It looks different than earlier versions......and the tabs are almost unreadable (rhinotabs.bmp).

Is it supposed to look like this ? :

Quite frankly the skin does not do justice to the wonderful sound of Rhino...... :?
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

There did used to be some skins knocking about but most in threads the links are dead.

I still have some of those skins somewhere on an old drive and do have Limeflavour's Ceros skin which appears to work on this version but I seem to remember having a much better looking skin as my default. Either something has changed in the skinning system or I'm doing something wrong as to be honest it's been awhile since I've spent any time with Rhino. Not because it doesn't sound good which of course it does as I found out again after spending some time with it last night but simply because I have been focusing on more recently acquired synths......

I made the skin the current GUI is based on.
I posted it on KVR but when I redesigned my website back in October, I removed all links.
I'm not at home today but I'll make it available again next week, once I've made sure it works with the latest version.
This update reminds me that the website link to my website in the about page is dead. I need to contact the developer to have it updated.
And thanks for the update!

This is the link to my skin thread:
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 9#p4084899
Free banks for soft synths | ghostwave.fr | soundcloud.com/ghostwaveaudio

Teksonik wrote:I still have some of those skins somewhere on an old drive and do have Limeflavour's Ceros skin which appears to work on this version but I seem to remember having a much better looking skin as my default. Either something has changed in the skinning system or I'm doing something wrong as to be honest it's been awhile since I've spent any time with Rhino. Not because it doesn't sound good which of course it does as I found out again after spending some time with it last night but simply because I have been focusing on more recently acquired synths......
I found the Ceros one - much clearer but I don't like the light brown much. One like that but greyer would be fantastic.

Thank you for the update! :)
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

Thanks for the update! I have not been using Rhino lately, but the update made me revisit it and I'm falling in love again....

I've just added a video showing some of the features of the additive editor, that most users are not aware of.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tx8eBVcArl4

Big Tick wrote:I've just added a video showing some of the features of the additive editor, that most users are not aware of.
There might be some features more that most users aren't aware of. Because there isn't any manual. Paradoxically there's a manual for the Rhino CM (light) version but not for the full version. That's sad because Rhino is a pretty deep synth with many features, it's not a simple 2-OSC synth (which doesn't need a manual) - it can do a lot more, it has many modulation parameters and curves and can even import custom waves.

Return to “Big Tick”