Commercial Tracktion users ...

Discussion about: tracktion.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

We all love Tracktion on this forum but does anyone actually use it commercially... :?

1.As their only midi / audio software sequencer
No Sonar, Pro tools,Cubase e.tc 8)

2.For use with paying customers in a studio :band:

3.Examples of commercial success possibly as well :)

With so many users of Tracktion now and increasing interest I just wondered how many people on this forum really rely on it completely.

I have other software packages myself and I know for many of us Tracktion was clearly NOT the first package we ever used...we would have just started making music just over a year ago for that... :lol: but I am interested to see what the responses would be especailly with Traction 2 incoming.

Any takers... :)

I plan on winning a grammy award with music recorded on tracktion. Does that count? :D

By the way, am I recording 'on' tracktion or 'with' tracktion? :nutter:

I plan on winning a grammy award with music recorded on tracktion. Does that count?
Hmmmmm maybe :wink:

Are there so few commercial users?

I've done one commercial job with it so far: the client had edited a flash animation to the opening 30s of Jurgen Vries' "The Anthem" .. my job was to create something similar without the copyright clearance issues.

Tracktion did the business without breaking a sweat :D

I have a location recording coming up soon (Cello & Piano) & I plan to use Tracktion for that.. I'll let you know how I get on :wink:

I've done one commercial job with it so far: the client had edited a flash animation to the opening 30s of Jurgen Vries' "The Anthem" .. my job was to create something similar without the copyright clearance issues.

Tracktion did the business without breaking a sweat

I have a location recording coming up soon (Cello & Piano) & I plan to use Tracktion for that.. I'll let you know how I get on
Brilliant :) I would imagine that easily covers the cost of your (£50 / $80) investment.

christianmusicmaker wrote:We all love Tracktion on this forum but does anyone actually use it commercially... :?

1.As their only midi / audio software sequencer
No Sonar, Pro tools,Cubase e.tc 8)

2.For use with paying customers in a studio :band:

3.Examples of commercial success possibly as well :)

With so many users of Tracktion now and increasing interest I just wondered how many people on this forum really rely on it completely.

I have other software packages myself and I know for many of us Tracktion was clearly NOT the first package we ever used...we would have just started making music just over a year ago for that... :lol: but I am interested to see what the responses would be especailly with Traction 2 incoming.

Any takers... :)

im about to get signed, i made and mastered the song in tracktion..

http://www.dogsonacid.com/showthread.ph ... mode=audio

I don't think that anyone in their right mind would ever pay me to make music for them, regardless of the sequencer used. Not if they'd ever heard my stuff. Mind you, they might pay me to stop...

warbug wrote: im about to get signed, i made and mastered the song in tracktion..

http://www.dogsonacid.com/showthread.ph ... mode=audio
Really? congrats!
"Life is both a major and a minor key"
-- Travis, Side

I use Tracktion in my project studio. It works well but it can not (yet) be my only app I still needs these features OMF/EDL, MTC, Video, Good quantize, loop recording, cd burning IE samplitude for it to be my only app.

pough wrote:I don't think that anyone in their right mind would ever pay me to make music for them, regardless of the sequencer used. Not if they'd ever heard my stuff. Mind you, they might pay me to stop...
Add me to that list !

You're going to pay me to stop making music?

:D

No to the list of people to be paid to stop!

im about to get signed, i made and mastered the song in tracktion..
Really...? :) That's great! :wink: it's also interesting that you also mastered the song in Tracktion...so often I hear of people needing to use another application (Wavelab, Soundforge) to master.Horses for courses I guess. :wink:

You might be the first musician to publicly credit Tracktion on you single or Album when it's finished no need for Pro tools then...good stuff. 8)
I use Tracktion in my project studio. It works well but it can not (yet) be my only app I still needs these features OMF/EDL, MTC, Video, Good quantize, loop recording, cd burning IE samplitude for it to be my only app.
OMF would be very useful as would video to at least some degree...it's interesting you mention CD burning as Tracktion seems already halfway there it can already Rip audio from CD's in a very graphically pleasing way so maybe it won't be to difficult for Jules to do.It would really set it apart even more form the crowd if CD burning is included in T2.

i've also mastered some cd's in tracktion. it's nice for that, but I've not recorded a complete band with it till now because of missing features (cuemix, less frickling graphics with 40-60 tracks i.o.w. grouping of tracks or similar).

I used tracktion to mix and edit all my tracks on my upcoming split album on M-Tronic records. Most of them were originally made in Buzz, but i'm moving over to tracktion for composing too.

Return to “Tracktion”