Is alpha3 a fully supported product?

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,

I"m intrigued by Alpha3. It's simple and I just know that if I would buy it, I would use it a lot because of it's simplicity.

But Alpha3 is a plugin nobody talks about and I see that it hasn't been update for a while. On the other hand, why shoud you update if there aren't problems? Don't fix it if it's ot broken.

Is this abandonware or is this fully supported? € 79 is a lot of money for a plugin if it's not supported anymore.

Just asking...

Hello to you,

Yes. Still supported and not abandoned.

Last update was about ten months ago. It doesn't seem to have any problems. Works very well with 64 bit and 32 bit VST or AU.

You are right about it's simplicity. And, it's a very tiny thing and doesn't eat up a lot of CPU compared with a lot of other plugs. That makes it ideal for layers (think modularity) as each additional instance only adds 2mb to the memory. The first takes up only eight if I remember correctly. So, you can build an incredible instrument rivaling just about anything VA.

It is, for me, the best Moog Modular imitation-- I can usually get the sound dead on or very close with it but Alpha offers much more sound spectrum. If you get that little Element P to layer with Alpha you'll add a nice "fm" quality dimension. So you can get very complex with it if you want but it is very good on it own. It sounds big and sounds like a synthesizer.

It was a little cheaper when I bought it but it was worth the money. Still is. I'd defiantly buy it again if I had to start over along with Zebra and Morphox.

Hope I didn't get boring. :shrug:

joji

palebluedun wrote:Hope I didn't get boring. :shrug:
Not at all, great info!

So I bought Alpha3 and so far I like it!

Very easy to use but enough possibilities to create a broad range of sounds.

I have read the manual (great read, btw) but I couldn't find anything about an initial preset. Do we have to make it ourselves?

I was a bit disappointed to see there is no way to connect the A/B balance of the osc with an lfo or envelope. That's my future request.

I really like the fm filter possibility and the amount of oscillators. Together with the balance option per oscillator, it offers a lot of inspiration! And it's great to be able to do PWM on all waveforms (it's called osc symmetry in the matrix section).

Best,
Dirk

There should be an "init" preset in the various bank.

Thank you for the suggestion, Dirk, and yes, there is a ZZ_Init in Various, but it maybe a good idea to roll your own, just to have a start point you like best when working from scratch.

Peter from LinPlug wrote:there is a ZZ_Init in Various
Ok, thanks. It would probably take me a few months to find it myself. :hihi:

EIDT: and it has thos nice organ waveforms to get detroit stabs. :love:

Return to “LinPlug”