Cream pre-release version 4

Official support for: kirnuarp.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all,
Kirnu - Cream prerelease version 4 is now available. Please report any problems you find here.

Cream 1.0 pre release 4

- New: Global setting for not snapping notes in to scale when using transpose. When this setting is enabled transpose transposes notes by semitone not by scale degree.
- New: step gate is now relative to pattern gate value
- New: AU version
- New: Selected CC values are shown
- Fixed: Hanging note bug where disabled tracks prevented notes to stop. For example track 2 is disabled and key range is C6-> when note C6 was played it was not stopped properly.
- Fixed: Cream ignores MIDI inputs other that 1
- Fixed: Cream crash bug when 'copy to all' was initialized with mouse placed in bottom of the step bar.
- Fixed: Renamed Windows dlls so they contain no white spaces anymore

-Kirnu Dev Team

This release seems to fix the problem I reported about arp not stopping when input channel was other than 1.

Thanks.

I am now having hanging notes by simply taking the init patch, dialing input channel 8, setting "arpeggio on note count" to 3 and playing three notes.

REAPER 4.32 x86 on Win7 Pro x64.

Also, a question: how do I tell Cream to repeat the whole chord I'm pressing instead of arp-ing it?

EDIT: solved the chord thing by using the "seq" panel.

- Mario
Last edited by mabian on Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Plug-in not showing up in Ableton... Is it me or is this a bug?

Win8 system... :help:

make sure to rescan or change your symlinks, the name of the plugin changed with this install. So if you have a symlink to the vst, you'll have to create a new one

Hello
how do you download it ?
Should we use the link from beta 2 ?

edit : yes

and how do i connect the Kirnu Cream Channel with another channel that has a synth/instrument and the midi? so how do i feed the sound into Kirnu Cream in logic?

DigitalDJ1 wrote:and how do i connect the Kirnu Cream Channel with another channel that has a synth/instrument and the midi? so how do i feed the sound into Kirnu Cream in logic?
Watch this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Hfdo4PjfLg

thanks. that did work. it started making sounds so i guess it works :-) so thanks for that.

now i just have to learn how to use kirmu. for example when i used the bass 1/16 factory preset, it stopped making any sound. But i guess this happened for a reason.

Kirnu wrote:
- New: AU version
Got to try this first Cream AU version today in (Logic version 9.1.8, 64bit). The 'Factory' presets don't work right. They appear to load but cause the plugin to stop outputting any midi. The plugin does work however if I build and save my own presets from scratch.

There is an issue where if i change Logic's audio preference for 'Buffer I/O Size'. Kirnu Cream's midi output in the environment changes it's 'Physical Input Object' number, incrementing by 1.
  • Example:
    The environment input object shows "From Cream 0".

I then change the Buffer I/O Size.

The input object will now shows "From Cream 1",
    and the cable disappears (requiring a new cable to get working again).

Every time I change Logic's buffer size, this number goes up and disconnects the cable.

Workaround is to redo this missing cable.
    (and to stop messing with the buffer size) :)
Don't know if you guys know this but it has recently been reported that Logic's audio preference setting for 'Buffer I/O Size' affects "live" midi (from an external input). Recorded midi will play back accurately, but when using external live midi with large audio buffer settings, timing will be noticeably messed up. A low audio buffer setting markedly improves the timing/latency issue.

Overall though I am very pleased to begin working with this wonderful plugin.

Mark R

Hello,

this is a mini REAPER project showing something odd: the bass track should always play eighth notes, so I tweaked the "length" section for this.

A bit after the loop restarts, the bass sequence goes out of sync.

I've tried the "Start notes imeediately" setting, it changes things but still it's not right.

The synth track plays with the correct timing (I had to enable the "start notes" option to get it right though).

Can you check this please?

Cream prerelease 4, of course.

http://www.errepici.it/public/Test/Cream_Debug1.zip

EDIT: I totally overlooked the "rate" knob, when setting it to 1/8 everything works fine. I still think there's something odd in the project I submitted though...

Thanks,
Mario

ezelkow1 wrote:make sure to rescan or change your symlinks, the name of the plugin changed with this install. So if you have a symlink to the vst, you'll have to create a new one
Can you explain the symlinks thing please.. I tried researching it but cannot grasp what to do in reference to Cream.. Thanks.

mabian wrote:A bit after the loop restarts, the bass sequence goes out of sync.
Did you set the loop point on ORDER also? Please check that first! :)

would still like to a crtl-clik where all tabs would snap to the same seq length...

thanks for the fixes. keep em' coming!
"..What is simple, is simply seen.."

Kirnu R4 (64Bit) keeps crashing Ableton 9.0.1 on OS X 10.8.2
Kirnu R4 (32Bit) also crashing jBridge.
Any advice or is this a known limitation?

Return to “Kirnu”