A few suggestions/FRs

Official support for: tx16wx.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The GUI looks pretty nice, but it could use a bit of sprucing up, in small increments:

* Scaling GUI elements option (scaling GUI elements from 50% to 200% of its original size in 25% increments) - great for people using very big screens on one hand, and for those using netbooks on the other (if there are such out there)

* Text labels on all frames (and tabs too) should definitely be BOLD. They're too thin and insignificant looking currently.

* Tabs could look even better and more like a part of the interface. Example:

(By the way, LFO defaulting to 200 Hz when it's turned on the first time is not a good sensible value, IMHO.)

* See image above. The right side of the frame could have a bit more padding between the inner frame and the edge of outer frame. It would look nicer.

* When you collapse a frame, the collapsed frame should also be round. Much better!

* In case you add more padding around the inner frame (which I think should be done), then the collapse buttons should be placed a little bit lower to follow the padding, of course.

* The vertical text on the frames should be center aligned with the collapse button. And perhaps the collapse button could be a bit cleaner looking without so much antialiasing (bottom right edge of the button looks as if it's not there, too much 3D effect on it).

* Why does the pan indicator have this white line, and volume indicator does not? I think it looks better without that white line:

* The buttons in the top left need to stand out more, currently they look like they are embedded too much into the background.

Sorry if I'm "pixel-hunting" too much! I'm sure more will be incoming :)

EvilDragon wrote:LFO defaulting to 200 Hz when it's turned on the first time is not a good sensible value, IMHO.
I'll second that. I'd suggest 1, 4, 8 or 16. Nothing higher than that.

Also I too think that "Allpass" should just be "Off". I've thought that since way back but it seemed too small to mention. :)

Just a ping to signal that I've read all this, and I am at the very least cherry picking some good suggestions. ;-)
TX16Wx Software Sampler:
http://www.tx16wx.com/

EvilDragon wrote:The GUI looks pretty nice, but it could use a bit of sprucing up, in small increments:

[et al]

Sorry if I'm "pixel-hunting" too much! I'm sure more will be incoming :)
+1

I agree it looks really nice, but I love "pixel-hunting" also and concur with all of the above, as I intend to spend many long-hour sessions embracing my (coveted) PRO edition, whilst ignoring the maddening throngs of hot-babes beating on my door..

FR: to make it "skin-able", if possible 8)
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

Return to “CWITEC”