What drumloops packs aren't out there?

For discussion and announcements of soundware - patches, presets, soundsets, soundbanks, loop libraries, construction kits, MIDI libraries, etc.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm in the mood for creating a new drumloop collection, as I love percussion programming and have just had enormous fun creating some exclusive bonus loops for The Unfinished Breaks Vol 1 sale on at Sampleism (er, yes, that was a plug wasn't it?).

And I figured I'd call upon the KVR collective to nominate some ideas, based on what they feel is missing from the market and what they could really use.

So... what kinds of loop collections have you gone looking for but couldn't find? Or what could you find but thought were utterly awful quality or terrible value for money?

Cheers.

There doesn't seem to be a library of really cool big beat, break beat loops. In the vain of epic propellerheads, ills, early chemical bros, etc.

There are some library's but many sound "synthetic and programmed"

I guess that could be a gap.
synaesthesia wrote:I'm in the mood for creating a new drumloop collection, as I love percussion programming and have just had enormous fun creating some exclusive bonus loops for The Unfinished Breaks Vol 1 sale on at Sampleism (er, yes, that was a plug wasn't it?).

And I figured I'd call upon the KVR collective to nominate some ideas, based on what they feel is missing from the market and what they could really use.

So... what kinds of loop collections have you gone looking for but couldn't find? Or what could you find but thought were utterly awful quality or terrible value for money?

Cheers.

Good shout. My existing pack is more Nu Skool in style (though there are some heavy acoustic loops in there).

I'm also having this conversation on my Facebook music page and someone just suggested Propellerheads! Great minds think alike. Also breakbeats that suit soundtrack work, like David Arnold's Bond stuff.

Would allow for some non-4/4 time signatures too, which I'm sure is a gap.

It's the only one I could think of, currently layering old breaks but it gets messy.

synaesthesia wrote:Good shout. My existing pack is more Nu Skool in style (though there are some heavy acoustic loops in there).

I'm also having this conversation on my Facebook music page and someone just suggested Propellerheads! Great minds think alike. Also breakbeats that suit soundtrack work, like David Arnold's Bond stuff.

Would allow for some non-4/4 time signatures too, which I'm sure is a gap.

Not as a pitch, but have you checked out my breaks collection? The bonus samples I did for the Sampleism sale included more (heavily processed) acoustic breaks.

You'll hear some below (if the link thing works!).

http://soundcloud.com/the-unfinished/bonus-loops-demo

Yes, it's very good stuff indeed.

But too programmed sounding for what I mentioned.

Great stuff though :-)

So, what you want in your loops is a bit more realism, like they've been played rather than programmed?

replied via email.
synaesthesia wrote:So, what you want in your loops is a bit more realism, like they've been played rather than programmed?

There is a paucity of loops for Industrial or EBM music. The libraries that are out there for that are miniscule in size.

KEv

Hey Kev. Not a genre I'm over-familiar with. Are we talking Nine Inch Nails? Any better examples you might want to throw my way?

Cheers.

synaesthesia wrote:Hey Kev. Not a genre I'm over-familiar with. Are we talking Nine Inch Nails? Any better examples you might want to throw my way?

Cheers.
Surely:

VNV Nation
Apoptygma Berzerk
Assemblage 23
Frontline Assembly
Front 242
KMFDM
Skinny Puppy
Wumpscut
Icon of Coil
SPK
Nitzer Ebb
XP8
In Strict Confidence

There's so many. For an up-to-date listen to this genre, subscribe to the free Real Synthetic Audio podcast in iTunes:
http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/real ... d280591413

KEv

Cheers. I like long lists.

Return to “Soundware”