Soundset Warped Strings for Alchemy released on patchpool

For discussion and announcements of soundware - patches, presets, soundsets, soundbanks, loop libraries, construction kits, MIDI libraries, etc.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi All,
I just released my new soundset for Alchemy on patchpool:

The soundset Warped Strings for Alchemy is the second in a series focussing on specific materials and single instruments. For this soundset an acoustic Western Guitar was multisampled, treating it with all sorts of tools to create unique sounding real and unreal instruments, otherworldly textures, groovy sequences, beautiful and dark soundscapes and cinematic pad sounds. Multiple velocity layers and Round Robin variations were produced for the creation of expressive and organic sounding instruments.
All samples were recorded with 3 Neumann microphones and processed with native and outboard gear, to make the best out of the recorded audio material. A wide variety of electronic textures derived form the recorded guitar sounds were produced and often combined with the original samples and sounds resynthed inside Alchemy.

As in all my soundsets for Alchemy I make extensive use of Alchemy's complex modulation possibilities and Filters, often intermodulatin LFOs/MSEGs/Sequencers with each other and assigning numerous parameters to a single Controller. This enables the user to deeply interact with the sounds and shape it according to his needs and preferences. Also the patches can serve as a starting point for the user's own creations when loading new samples into them and then using the pre-assigned Controllers and Snapshots in the Remix Pad. You can view/download the PDF for Warped Strings with more details, the licence agreement and the patch list including playing tips and description for each patch here.

Warped Strings Specs:

1.59 GB of original samples - source material:
  • Plucked Guitar using various objects like coins, screwdrivers
    Tremolo Guitar
    Beaten Guitar using drumsticks and mallets
    Scraped Guitar using various metal objects for scraping the strings
    Prepared guitar
    Bowed Guitar - bowing the strings with a violin bow
    Chimed Guitar - playing on the strings with the metal beam of some small windchimes
    Flagolet Guitar
    Trash Guitar
    Slapped Guitar
    Guitar loops
All samples recorded with 3 Neumann microphones in L-C-R - 48 Khz/24 Bit
U87 center mic - a stereo set of KM 184 for L-R using RME Preamps.

Delivery: Download
Library size in total: 1.61 Gigabyte
Download size: 1.04 Gigabyte

NOTE: This Sound Bank will require the full version of Alchemy.
It will not work with the Alchemy player version.

Price: 28 €

Product page

Thank's for reading

Simon Stockhausen
Last edited by Sampleconstruct on Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:04 pm, edited 7 times in total.

A good morning-Bumpage for this new set seems appropriate...

this sounds absolutely fantastic, great work simon! probably going to buy this today.

i suppose there's no discount price for the owners of alchemistry beyond?

On my shopping list :)

OC

sopulurn wrote:this sounds absolutely fantastic, great work simon! probably going to buy this today.

i suppose there's no discount price for the owners of alchemistry beyond?
Thank's for the flowers, well I can't make up customized bundles and discounts really - as it is now I bundled Warped Strings together with Metallurgy for a discount price. If you only have Beyond and want the other 3 Banks+ the unlimited subscription I will of course offer you a discount - everybody should get similar prices out of patchpool :) All other upgrades and bundle options are displayed on the website (e.g. crossgrade from Beyond to Alchemistry and vice versa)

People keep on saying my prices were (too) low which I'm constantly trying to deny...

yeah, i already bought it because i couldn't justify waiting for a discount for a price already so low :)

downloading now!

sopulurn wrote:yeah, i already bought it because i couldn't justify waiting for a discount for a price already so low :)

downloading now!
You see? :D

once again, fantastic work. i played through the presets and feel really inspired now.

just a quick question; what's the high-pitched sound used in the demo called "different perspectives", right at the beginning? i didn't seem to find it. thanks

sopulurn wrote:once again, fantastic work. i played through the presets and feel really inspired now.

just a quick question; what's the high-pitched sound used in the demo called "different perspectives", right at the beginning? i didn't seem to find it. thanks
Thank you - in Different Perspective we have a bellish/rhodes-like sounds which is Snapshot 5 from the patch Tremolo Meta Pad (Instruments folder), then we have Flago Chords FX split (Snap 1 and morphing) from the Flagolets folder for the pads and we have Prepared Guitar Stompbox 2 - Snap 5 for the reversed guitars and we have Prepared Guitar Stompbox 1 for the inserts...

Everybody who has questions about "how did you do this and that in patch x/y": please spend some time with the patchlist which I enclosed in the pdf that comes with Warped Stings and which took a serious amount of time and work to write down. Each patch has a more or less elaborate description including playing tips.
Thank you :)

A little afternoon Bumpage....

Simon-

Great library so far. Only have auditioned a quarter of the library because I'm spending so much time enjoying each patch. So far Flago Chord FX, Flago Pad, Flagolet Guitar are standouts. Beaten Mantra has some excellent really low distorted bassy drones.

I would love to see some images of the instruments/recording details.

krankyone wrote:Simon-

Great library so far. Only have auditioned a quarter of the library because I'm spending so much time enjoying each patch. So far Flago Chord FX, Flago Pad, Flagolet Guitar are standouts. Beaten Mantra has some excellent really low distorted bassy drones.

I would love to see some images of the instruments/recording details.
Thank you, thank you :)
I'll make a pic or two tomorrow in a clean studio, I actually tidied up the recording room yesterday, there were so many leftovers from my last two Alchemy libraries like instruments, screws, hammers, screwdrivers, various metal objects, drumsticks, mallets, Chimes, Gongs, cymbals, mic stands, broken guitar strings, cooking pots, dumpbell plates, caviar cans and much more... :hihi:

I did not pre-order, but you can be sure that this is on my radar very soon!!!

Any plans on possibly releasing a Kontakt samples version as you did for Metallurgy?
Available on iTunes, Amazon, etc.

Sequent wrote:
Any plans on possibly releasing a Kontakt samples version as you did for Metallurgy?
I should make some Kontakt excerpts, some of the multisampled Instruments like the Flagolet and Stick Guitars and a compilation of scrapes and noises probably. The mapping and the raw nkis are ready anyway because that's how I make all the sfzs for Alchemy - they just need an Interface, some graphics and some clever Controller assignments and FX.

Return to “Soundware”