64-bit?

Official support for: artsacoustic.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello there

I'm Mac/Logic user and I'm planning to buy the ArtsAcoustic Reverb. However, I'm wondering if the software will work natively as a 64-bit plug-in, or if a 64-bit version is going to be released soon.
Working with 32-bit plug-ins is a bit of a problem currently, since Logic uses the "32-bit Audio Unit Bridge", which is very unstable.

- Keman

keman91 wrote:Hello there

I'm Mac/Logic user and I'm planning to buy the ArtsAcoustic Reverb. However, I'm wondering if the software will work natively as a 64-bit plug-in, or if a 64-bit version is going to be released soon.
Working with 32-bit plug-ins is a bit of a problem currently, since Logic uses the "32-bit Audio Unit Bridge", which is very unstable.

- Keman
We are on it, but i cannot tell you when it's ready. The gui code is very old and causes a lot of work, essentially we have to rewrite the gui code completely.
Kind regards, Nick at ArtsAcoustic

nick at artsacoustic wrote:We are on it, but i cannot tell you when it's ready. The gui code is very old and causes a lot of work, essentially we have to rewrite the gui code completely.
Sounds great! Can you tell if it will be available in the next 12 months, or could it take even longer?

nick at artsacoustic wrote:essentially we have to rewrite the gui code completely.
Could you guys maybe make it look a little bit better while you're at it. The GUI does absolutely nothing to reflect how good the sound is. It needs a drastic make-over imho.

@keman91:
The devil goses strange ways for sure, but he shall come and get me if it would take another 12 months.

@Colin Bennett:
No. The gui will not be changed. Mainly because that would cause even way more work, but also because most of the users actually like the gui very much just the way it is. :)

nick at artsacoustic wrote:@Colin Bennett:
No. The gui will not be changed. Mainly because that would cause even way more work, but also because most of the users actually like the gui very much just the way it is. :)
Fair enough. It just looks so 90s. :shrug:

Still love it to bits for the sound part though ;)

I love the way it looks :) but it would be cool for users if they could skin the basics like say, Nexus has different "coloured" skins.

I must admit it would look very sleek in a silver/grey

is that what you are getting at Colin, colour?

Anyway i can't believe this is happening but i can make the AAR sound as good as my LXP bundle every time, and i just can't wait till it goes 64 bit.

you can quote my comparison to lexicon if you like.

it's funny between this and rob papen, i STILL see no need for more reverbs and yet i bought a bunch over the holidays.

Shame!

aar and RP have such a different sound they complement each other to perfection and really are the only 2 verbs needed and i know many disagree with this..i honestly feel it's true though.

Actually the other one that really does have a place is the LX480 and Xverb by SSl now that i think about it,

but between those two the LX480

because that really IS the smoothest "instant gratification" verb for HUGE ambiencies and lushness.

God i wish it was 64 bit.

If aar was 64 bit i would always go to it first.

If i couldn't get the sound i'd go to rob papen.

If i wanted a HUGE sound i'd go to LX480

Those three is all one needs.

I bought BREVERB 2 over the holidays and i HATE it but i bought it ONLY because i can do instant gate reverb and inverse without having to do any host routing trickery.

I remember i could do revers with AAR.

see if these reverb was 64 bits how much money you would save people from getting others!??

forget redesigning the gui, it's ok as it is... BUT MAKE IT 64 BIT SOOOOOOOOOOOOON!!!!

sorry for crying, but arts acoustic reverb is one of my very last plugins left in 32 bit
and so only arts acoustic reverb is the daily reason for the 32-bit-bridge crashes in logic.
reason enough to cry. daily! and more than once daily!

but it sounds so good! i can't abandon it.

have fun rewriting the gui... it's for a good cause!
Saxplayer, LogicUser, loves and makes Jazz/Chill/Latin/Filmmusic, House...

+1 to everyone here, really craving the 64-bit version with faster (less laggy) GUI here too. And agreed that AAR is still my favourite reverb amongst all the rest out there.

soundpalace wrote:+1 to everyone here, really craving the 64-bit offshore processing version with faster (less laggy) GUI here too. And agreed that AAR is still my favourite reverb amongst all the rest out there.

Well i used using 64-bit version and i think it's the best one among all.:)
Last edited by fleeming1 on Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hey guys, how's AAR 64-bit coming along? Are we talking weeks, months or years? I love this reverb but I'm rather worried that the new version will never come or take a few more years to appear :(

soundpalace wrote:Hey guys, how's AAR 64-bit coming along? Are we talking weeks, months or years? I love this reverb but I'm rather worried that the new version will never come or take a few more years to appear :(
Seconded.

Jesus, the last news update on their website is 29.06.11 - what are they doing that they can't update the tiny amount of plugs they've got let alone their website?
Arts Acoustic - because...we'll get round to it eventually. Probably.
"What embecile composed this list :/"

Return to “Arts Acoustic”