A Note to the Devs - Keep updating the skins!

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Please, please keep updating the default skins in future versions! Don't exchange them in blind faith, but KEEP UPDATING THE OLD DEFAULTS or add new ones as you like! They are an important part of the user experience! Sorry to be screaming, but i've seen countless times where a developer changes the layout (including the default skins) in new versions of the software. That's annoying and ignores a human's desire to be able to build on past experience instead of learning it all anew. Thank you. :)

M4J0R70M wrote:Please, please keep updating the default skins in future versions! Don't exchange them in blind faith, but KEEP UPDATING THE OLD DEFAULTS or add new ones as you like! They are an important part of the user experience! Sorry to be screaming, but i've seen countless times where a developer changes the layout (including the default skins) in new versions of the software. That's annoying and ignores a human's desire to be able to build on past experience instead of learning it all anew. Thank you. :)

Hi, I designed LooxPhat and felt very privileged to have my skin chosen by Jo (MU.LAB's developer) as the default skin for MU.LAB (since version 1). Although Jo is free to do what he wants with my skin, I have been involved in updating LooxPhat for all the major upgrades to MU.LAB so far and would be happy to continue to do so for future upgrades. Although I have not always been 100% in agreement with all changes made to the skin, I think the essence of the design has remained intact through the various updates.

Are there any particular elements of the GUI/skin elements that you think have suffered during the upgrade process so far or do you have any suggestions for further improvements to any of the skins or usability of the MU.LAB's interface? Suggestions or comments from any MU.LAB users would be most welcome.

your skin looks great man. good work.

> DiGiT < wrote:your skin looks great man. good work.
Not quite what I meant by comments, but thank you! :)

Yes i agree, LooxPhat a very nice and well balanced skin Calum! Thanks a lot for sharing your great creativity! :) (sorry for repeating this ;) )

Also thanks to Branislav Pakic and Jass Carnival for LooxHiQ, LooxPosh Dark and LooxPosh Hybrid!

As soon as the GUI side of M4 is stable i'll email you so we can communicate about upgrading these supported skins for M4. As with earlier versions i'll do my very best to minimize the core technical work wrt upgrading these skins to M4. But there will also be some new design points to talk about :)

@Calum

Wow first post and i'm already way deep in faux-pa territory. The mistake is on my part, sir, this was meant as a note of encouragement, not criticism. Sorry for that. In fact it's PRAISE on the current design, something in the line "Don't fix what isnt't broken"...

While I'm at it, does anybody know why my loop doesn't always end the loopend, but ,after one complete cycle, ends the loop half-way through, then a full loop, then ends again, and so on?

I assume you have a composition loop which is different from the sequence loop.

That helped :)

M4J0R70M wrote:@Calum
Wow first post and i'm already way deep in faux-pa territory. The mistake is on my part, sir, this was meant as a note of encouragement, not criticism. Sorry for that. In fact it's PRAISE on the current design, something in the line "Don't fix what isnt't broken"...
Absolutely no need to apologise! I 100% agree with your sentiment on keeping skin updates consistent and sympathetic to the original interface. I don't post here as often as I should but it looks now like I hijacked your thread in an effort to invite further discussion on the subject of MU.LAB skins. So please accept my apologies.

mutools wrote:M4
Yes! I saw the bar move!

Return to “MUTOOLS”