Tachyon update?

Official support for: muon-software.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello Dave,

On 22 June 2002 you mentioned in a post in the CM forum the new Tachyon, and the low-cost upgrade path to it from the DS404.

We use the DS404 in almost every song of our pagan black metal project Hellebaard, and we are looking for a more extended sampler (Kontakt, Sampletank, VSampler3, etc.). If there will be an upgrade of the DS404 available soon, we will stick to Muon software.

Can you tell us what the spec's of the Tachyon will be, when it will be available, and what it will cost for current DS404 users?

Thanks,

Volmorth of Hellebaard

www.hellebaard,tk

Yeah Dave I want to know too .... :lol:

Tachyon is the name for the multi-timbral ROMpler engine that we've developed over the last 18 months. Tachyon is the heart of quite a few forthcoming products from Muon and other products developed in collaboration with some of the biggest names in the soundware business.

The Tachyon engine features include:
* 16-part multitimbral
* Amp, Pitch and Filter EGs per voice
* Amp, Pitch and Filter LFOs per multi-timbral part
* Comprehensive FX routing system with two insert busses and two send busses, large selection of high-quality 64-bit effects
* Full MIDI control and MIDI learn
* Built-in "groove engine" for automatically playing back sliced beats and loops in sync with host tempo or stored grooves
* Lossless audio compression squeezes patches down to as little as 30% of their original size

The first Tachyon-based products will be out within the next couple of months or so - TachyonP (p=player), and Neutron. Both will be released at the price of $50 initially for online download only, but the boxed versions planned for later in the year will be priced accordingly.

TachyonP is a very low-cost multi-timbral ROMpler designed for easy playback of Tachyon/DS404/SR202 format patches. Neutron is a percussion/loop workstation, adding Acidized(tm) WAV import and Propellerhead Recycle(tm) import to the base engine features. Content disks for both products will be made available shortly after release, featuring a selection of samples and patches from some of our professional soundware partners.

Hope this helps
Dave

* Specifications, pricing and timing may be subject to change without prior notice.

Muon Software Ltd wrote: The Tachyon engine features include:
* 16-part multitimbral
I hope it has the option to open using a single stereo mixer strip :?

I hope it has the option to open using a single stereo mixer strip
To be honest, the VST SDK works best if the instrument in question has a fixed number of outputs. Although it is possible to write an VSTi that changes the number of outputs it exposes depending on some configuration setting, it causes problems when loading back songs that were made with a different configuration setting. For that reason alone we won't touch such a feature - at the moment, TachyonP has four stereo outputs and uses four mixer strips.

Regards
Dave

PS - love the Donk/Krim tune, nice to see Tau2 being put to good use :D

Muon Software Ltd wrote:TachyonP has four stereo outputs and uses four mixer strips.
4 is ok, i can live with that. Thanks :wink:

Muon Software Ltd wrote: PS - love the Donk/Krim tune, nice to see Tau2 being put to good use :D
Cheers Dave, its always getting use round these parts :D

muon's upcoming stuff just sounds awesome from the description. cant wait. there is so much new stuff coming out, looks like 2004 will be another expensive year :D

Hi

I can't wait for Neutron. :P

k

You're going to love it. We're now aiming to get it, and TachyonP ready for Frankfurt. Sorry for the delay :cry:

Regards
Dave

Muon Software Ltd wrote:You're going to love it. We're now aiming to get it, and TachyonP ready for Frankfurt. Sorry for the delay :cry:

Regards
Dave
Sorry for my ignorance, but when is Frankfurt? Danka.

Frankfurtmesse happens somewhen in February if I remember it right.

k

soulata wrote:Frankfurtmesse happens somewhen in February if I remember it right.

k
Ah, ok-so probably within a month or so.
Thanks Soulata.

Sorry folks but the messe is in March.

Cheers
Dave

Hi Dave,

It's the end of March, Frankfurt is but a few short days away... the tension is killing me, any news?

Sorry couldn't wait any longer :oops: :oops: :D

AC

Been focussing my efforts over the last week or so at getting a tonne of stuff ready for release - updates for all the CM plugins, some minor updates for Tau Pro and Electron, and at long last TachyonP.

When I get back from Frankfurt TachyonP will go to beta testing, and hopefully get on the streets in April. Sadly Neutron is not quite as advanced just yet. It uses the same engine as TachyonP however so it won't be long behind.

In the meantime, check out this lovely pic:

Regards
Dave

Return to “Muon Software”