Dubtron: Experimental Bass Synth (Released)

Official support for: psychicmodulation.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ok, so I havent been doing much in the realm of VST lately, and honestly I'm trying to focus on other things like art and music. However, I recently had an idea and began toying around with it. It's basically a dubstep bassline synth, and the way it works is with 3 layered oscillators and 2 'wub' generators. I didnt want to get too caught up in developing somthing like this, but I thought it would be a shame to let the idea just fade into nothingness. So I will have a beta version up very soon. In the meantime, below is an mp3 demo clip. What you hear is a simple bassline from one instance of Dubtron with Cerebrum in the background for drums: http://www.psychicmodulation.com/dubtron.mp3
Last edited by jack [psychicmodulation] on Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:23 am, edited 3 times in total.

Sounds good!

audington wrote:Sounds good!
Thanks audington :)
Anyone else have any opinions on the sound so far? I could use a little feedback.

Hi Jack.
I'm a fan of your other stuff, but I would not use this one.
It will probably be great for someone into that sound and style.
Jim

subby in a good way.. must hear more!
stay juicy!

Hiya Jack :)

Himmmmm,new SM synth, sounds good!...

EDIT: I just listened to the mp3...NICE!.. I bought two Kid 606 mp3 albums about three moths ago and your new synth sounds like the line on "Mr.Wobble's Nightmare", I love this bass sound! So, if you need some sound design work, drop me a line :D . Hope all is well, Scott /EDIT

Kinda reminds me of Mr. Oizo's Flat Beat :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kv6Ewqx3PMs

--Sean

By the way, will it be part of Neurosynth Pack?

I would be very interested in trying this synth when you get that far - just started to "widen my horizons" and do a few dubstep things - please PM me when you are ready for people to start trying it out.

Many thanks !

Musical Gym wrote:Hi Jack.
I'm a fan of your other stuff, but I would not use this one.
It will probably be great for someone into that sound and style.
Jim
I can understand, it will be a sort of 'one trick pony', but I hope to eventually make it more experimental so it might be used for things other than dubstep.
abstractcats wrote:Hiya Jack Smile

Himmmmm,new SM synth, sounds good!...

EDIT: I just listened to the mp3...NICE!.. I bought two Kid 606 mp3 albums about three moths ago and your new synth sounds like the line on "Mr.Wobble's Nightmare", I love this bass sound! So, if you need some sound design work, drop me a line Very Happy . Hope all is well, Scott /EDIT
I will let you know Scott :)
audiojunkie wrote:Kinda reminds me of Mr. Oizo's Flat Beat Smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kv6Ewqx3PMs

--Sean
:lol: :lol: :lol:
miquelmatas wrote:By the way, will it be part of Neurosynth Pack?
No the Neurosynth Pack is no more. However I will be introducing various bundles once I have a few more synths for sale.
phibeck wrote:I would be very interested in trying this synth when you get that far - just started to "widen my horizons" and do a few dubstep things - please PM me when you are ready for people to start trying it out.

Many thanks !
Will do :)

I am interested in hearing or demoing it if it will be capable of producing a broader selection or tweakability for generating variously different sounds.
If that makes no sense it may be due to English being my first language.

Sounds fun Jack :)
..what goes around comes around..

Lovely :love:

Jack R wrote:98% complete.

Nice! :tu:

Return to “Psychic Modulation”