StrumMaker II Issue

Official support for: indiginus.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello. Great software!

I've developed a problem that I can't seem to solve.

When I installed the software it worked fine. Now I can't seem to get any sound in the C2-B2 range for minor chords. I've performed a factory reset on my MIDI controller and all seems well with all other VSTs.

I can get sound in the C1-B1 range but oddly enough A1 is a minor chord which should be A2, I believe.

I'm running Kontakt 4 with SONAR PE 8.5.2.

As I said it worked well when I installed it but that was maybe 2 weeks ago.

Should I re-install? If so, is there a proper way in uninstall first?

Any help would be appreciated.

TIA.

Dave-

Hi Dave,

Thank-you for the kind words about our library!

There are 2 versions of StrumMaker included, and the key mapping is implemented differently in each version.

The original StrumMaker uses sampled major and minor chords, and uses the C2-B2 keys for the minor downstrokes. It may be that you were using this version originally, but recently opened StrumMaker 2 instead, which does not use C2-B2 keys at all.

StrumMaker 2 uses only C1-B1 for triggering the patterns because the chord variation (maj,min,7th,dim,User, etc.) for each key is chosen in the "Fretboard" tab, where you see the guitar neck grid and can create your own chords. Instead of playing samples of an entire chord, StrumMaker 2 actually plays all of the notes in the chord, which makes it much more powerful and customizable.

It is confusing to have both versions included, but since they each have their own sound, we thought that the old version should hang around, too.

The differences are probably best explained in our videos you can find here:
http://indiginus.com/agc.html

If this does not solve the problem, please let me know.

Thanks again,
T Collins

That was it! What a maroon I am. :D

Thanks so much for your quick reply.

Great sounding software at a reasonable price.

Dave-

Return to “Indiginus”