Moog filter on iphone

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi Experts,
I have newbie question. Is iphone capable to emulate Moog filter?
I would like to develop Moog simulation App in iphone platform.
Thank you in advance!

Moog filter emulation is only possible on Palm O/S platform. Perhaps you could develop a Minimoog app for the Treo?
GLHF! (Gandalf Lives, Hobbits Forever!)

DrApostropheX, thank you for your reply.
Would you please explain that why palm OS is possible but not in iphone platform?
Is iphone processor speed not fast enough?

I'm not sure of the reason. I've always assumed it had something to do with the falling out between Bob Moog and Steve Jobs in the 1980s over whether the Apple Lisa should have a digital input device (a mouse) or be completely voltage controlled.
GLHF! (Gandalf Lives, Hobbits Forever!)

You are so bad ....

... thread of the month :lol:

jah-d, check out Audiorealism technoBox. It has a full 303 simulation running on the iPhone, including a realistic simulation of its filter (which is somewhat similar to a Moog).
Last edited by Chris Walton on Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cakewalk by Bandlab / FL Studio
Squire Stratocaster / Chapman ML3 Modern V2 / Fender Precision Bass

Formerly known as arke, VladimirDimitrievich, bslf, and ctmg. Yep, those bans were deserved.

Thanks Chris. I will check it out.

Why would moog emulation not be possible? Surely if you have the filter algorithm and one of those iphone developer account thingies you could implement it? :shrug:

Would this be called an iMoog?

How soon before someone makes one, and how long before they have to withdraw it for legal reasons?

How soon before someone figures out how pointless this is? Come on, even if you're into gadgets, you gotta admit having a moog/synth on a phone is kinda useless and the sound quality would suck anyway. Or are there now actually people producing stuff on their phone?

There have been people making music on PDAs for years. In the early days it was simple stuff, and maybe only being used as more of a toy than anything else, but now you've got real power in mobile devices you can do a lot more.

Some apps like Mixtikl from Intermorphic have desktop equivalents so you can start a project on a handheld and then move to the desktop and vice versa. Apps like griff and bhajis loops have CD quality rendering, so there's no reason why you can't make real music on a PDA.

Here's a link to a video that I made, the music is made with a Palm PDA and the video was shot with two PDAs:

http://the-palm-sound.blogspot.com/2007 ... ology.html

Enjoy.

stinos wrote:Or are there now actually people producing stuff on their phone?
Looptastic is a blast. If it allowed us to load our own samples, I'd absolutely use it as my main arrangement tool.

I like Looptastic, I think if it got developed after the 3.0 update you might be able to have different 'content packs' or similar, reducing the need to have a variety of versions.

I'm hoping that Apple will allow some form of file access for applications to share songs / loops / sounds etc.

We'll see.

ASHLEY75 wrote:I'm hoping that Apple will allow some form of file access for applications to share songs / loops / sounds etc.
Aren't Noise.IO and Beatmaker able to do this?

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”