Zebra 2.3 installer wiped ALL Presets in my u-he folder

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Yep - I did read the read Me and backed up all my Zebra 2 patches so those, along with Transmission, OldSkool, After Skool presets etc are fine. However, all my Zebralette patches, Triple Cheeze patches - **POOF** gone. If I would have known the update was going to vandalize these I would have backed them up too.

So, how do I restore these patches and where is the proper path for these now? Is it the original Mac HD>Lib>Audio>Presets>u-he?

OR

Is it Mac HD> User>Me>Lib>Audio>Presets>u-he?

TIA

Please download the installer again. It's most likely just a file permissions issue - which only rarely occurrs when users have no admin rights. I've updated the installer which now should add read/write access to the affected directories.

The Presets are still there (you can also repair these rights in Finder, using cmd-i on the u-he preset directory).

Let me know if thsi fixes it.

Sorry for the confusion, things like that sometimes slip through even after a week of beta testing just that installer :-|

;) Urs

P.S.: There'll be a hotfix update on Wednesday.

Thanks Urs - I found my backups for the Zebralette and Triple Cheeze presets and was able to restore these manually as well as the Zebra 2 presets.

The Zebra 2 presets seem to have a whole new path now (the latter one I mentioned above) but the other two were the original path. They each seem to be working fine now.

I'm not sure what happened here. I am the admin on my computer and gave the correct PW etc.

Hmmm... not too sure what happened then... the installer cost me blood and tears already (also on the Win side)... I hope the next incarnation will be flawless... :oops:

Just installed the latest on OS X. All my presets are OK (one user account only on the machine).

What I have lost is the ZRev and Zebralette audio units. When I deleted the versions from the last update, I noticed that the components folder contained the VST versions, not the .component files. This time, the VST's have been installed in the right place, but no audio units.

Zebra itself always installs correctly.

Peace,
Andy.

Update: they are available in Logic, but I cannot see them in the component folder, so they must be part of the Zebra component!
... space is the place ...

ZenPunkHippy wrote:Update: they are available in Logic, but I cannot see them in the component folder, so they must be part of the Zebra component!
Yes!

That's odd. No permissions problems here. I still have all my Zebralette presets intact after installing Zebra 2.3...

Kind regards.
Dave Bourke
- ideation -

This issue should be officially solved now...

Please help testing the QuickFix update V2.3.1:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=235603

Thanks,

;) Urs

Thanks for the heads up on this installer Urs - looks like I was missing a lot of additional Zebra 2 Preset stuff. I really like this update a lot- AWESOME STUFF!!

Thanks Again!

Return to “u-he”