install problems

Official support for: kv331audio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

at one time i had sm up and running. one day it stopped making sounds, so i uninstalled it. i recently got the latest install to try again.

i got this error

when i canceled the install, i got this error.

i had deleted the earlier vesion of sm and cleaned my registry, so i'm confused about there being a trace of it. i'm also confused about the need to preform an uninstall

i got the update installer. i ran the install and got this again

i then pointed it to the updater and got this

once again i ask, why have an install? i'd much rather have the files. that way there is no install program to wrestle with and no registry change. i've tried a couple hundred synths, and very few came with an installer.
Last edited by androidlove on Tue Jul 24, 2007 6:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Most people who experiment with drugs are not lying in the streets, suffocating on their own vomit. If you want to see some of that, go to the Pub on Saturday night at closing time." ozwest

I think that has to do with the Windows Installer. I'll take a look at it.
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

i did some research and found i needed "windows install clean up" to remove all traces of sm. you can find it here. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301/

i don't know if the vst runs as it makes cmuzys just disappear when i try to add it. i'll load it into tracktion whenever i do another mass install and clean up. it's an over night job. i also have to check it often to see if i need to hit "ok" on some plugs' initialization pop ups

the standalone crashes on startup
"Most people who experiment with drugs are not lying in the streets, suffocating on their own vomit. If you want to see some of that, go to the Pub on Saturday night at closing time." ozwest

Return to “KV331 Audio”