FL HELP

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

STUPID QUESTION BUT I AM DUMB...HOW DO I DOWNLOAD NEW STUFF FOR FL STUDIO...HOW DO I KNOW IF THEY ARE COMPATIBLE FOR IT? HELP ME!
ADM creates

"New stuff" as in what? :?
Mizutaphile.

Welcome to KvR, mate.

First off, I HIGHLY recommend you dont type in all-caps because it invited internet trolls to jump on you like the "animal" in a prison.

Second off, what "new stuff" are you looking for? samples? plug-ins?

Why dont you ask this question in the FL fourm? Oh, and there is a button on your keyboard that actualy prevents you from appearing to be an idiot. Its called your caps lock key.

Give it a try!!

(I turn to stone if the sun shines on me.)
_
Triscuit the timid titmouse tinkers thoughtfully towards tomorrow....TODAY!

^^The FL forum is awkward. I hate getting help there. I mean the service is great but they simply need to adopt a standard, phpBB formatted forum.

All too true, Chase. But at the same time, I got my head ripped off for asking a FL question here a few years back, and I had even gone about it in a much more polite way.

Maybe things have changed? :shrug:
_

I would recommend asking this question on the FL fourm, but since you asked...

There are -TONS- of free synths in the DX and VST format. Check in the 'Instruments, Effects, Hosts, ect.' section on this website. I would also recommend that you install these plugins to your fl 'VSTI' plugin directory.

Afterwhich...You must allow FL to 'Scan' for instruments. Here is how:

Channels>Add One> More> Fast scan.

Put a little check in the box next to the new synth...And walla...It's added to your arsenal.

Edit: Additionaly, you can create folder anywhere on your computer and install your VST instruments/effects there. All you have to do is specify the folder to search for new plugins.

Options>File Settings
Last edited by Sauhaq on Thu Dec 01, 2005 3:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
_

Sauhaq wrote:All too true, Chase. But at the same time, I got my head ripped off for asking a FL question here a few years back, and I had even gone about it in a much more polite way.

Seems to me like it doesn't matter what question you ask KVR people. If they're PMSing and you're new... you're going to get your head ripped off no matter what you ask. :hihi:
Mizutaphile.

Sauhaq wrote:All too true, Chase. But at the same time, I got my head ripped off for asking a FL question here a few years back, and I had even gone about it in a much more polite way.

They must have. Look at all the FL Studio threads I have started in the Hosts forum :ud:

Chase wrote:
They must have. Look at all the FL Studio threads I have started in the Hosts forum :ud:
:hail:
_

yeah, Chase is pretty much the FL Studio pimp here.

:P
:: FL Studio v9.0.3 :: u-he Zebra2 v2.5 :: u-he MFM v2.0.2b5 :: u-he Uhbik v1.1 :: EnergyXT v1.4.1/v2.0.2 ::

rbet wrote:yeah, Chase is pretty much the FL Studio pimp here.

:P
pshhh I wish! I've heard some straight-righteous tracks in the music cafe...i wouldnt be near the pimp. Maybe i'll try for the FL Studio cat or something :P

Im often too afraid to post my stuff. -_-
_

Sauhaq wrote:Im often too afraid to post my stuff. -_-

you should never be afraid, if someone is ignorant enough to insult you or attack your music it's likely their opinion isn't worth jack anyhow... :)
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Hink wrote:
Sauhaq wrote:Im often too afraid to post my stuff. -_-

you should never be afraid, if someone is ignorant enough to insult you or attack your music it's likely their opinion isn't worth jack anyhow... :)
But we can all still laugh at it. ;)

Just kidding. :D
Mizutaphile.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”