Video Editors

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Most of us know about the best of the Audio Editing, Multitrack & Post field with apps like Wavelab 5, Cubase SX3 and Nuendo 5, but what do you know the Video Editing field.

What are the pro products, the prosumer products and the consumer products in the video field.
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

vegas is what i use. a program i could instantly use since it looks and feels like audio programs (which it also is).

Welp, you can't really go wrong with Avid Xpress Pro (PC/Mac), Final Cut (Mac), or Sony Vegas (PC).. which is particularly powerful on the audio side as mentioned. Those would be my top, as they are all capabale of outputing to standards which surpass the consumer level... I'm an Avid Editor by profession and can get along nicely with all of the above... :D
ModuLR / Radio

Vegas with DVD + is a winner in my books. Worth every penny.

Vegas here too.

If you're rich : Avid
If you can afford it : Vegas
If you are mean : MainActor or EditStudio

Anything that translates to 'First' in french has to be avoided. :wink: :hihi:

Final Cut Pro.

Groet, Erik
Pop music delenda est.

I use Adobe Premiere Pro some at work, and am thinking about picking up After Effects for my own use.
If you're looking for something low cost, but still pretty good, then check out Video Edit Magic

--Carl

Some of this might be dated, it's from my notes when I researched this a coupla year’s back, and far from being exhaustive:

High end pro system:

Avid: DS, Film composer, Media composer, Symphony

5D: Cyborg

Accom: Affinity dimension

Leitch: VelocityQ

Sony: Xpri

Quantel: EditBox

Pinnacle: Liquide blue/silver

Mid level (prosumer):

Apple:Final cut pro

Adobe: Premiere

Sony: Vegas

Canopus: Raptor/Storm

Avid: XpressDV

Discreet: Fire

Hobby level:

Pinnacle: Studio

Mediachance: EditStudio PRO

Mainconcept: Eve

Sony: Vegas movie studio

Ulead: Video studio

Others will probably add to that list.

I personnaly had a brief encounter with Premiere but I now use and love Sony Vegas.

[edit] Almost forgot about the appliances, or dedicated box, like the Casablanca and Sequel; priced somewhere between the pro and prosumer (but you don't need a computer to run them).
Quote of the day: "If you can't answer a man's arguments, all is not lost; you can still call him vile names."--Elbert Hubbard 1856-1915

vegas from me too

Work forced me to use Premiere, probably because it was the only 'name' they knew. Yuk. I spent my own money and bought Vegas instead. For me Vegas is way out in front. And it is even further ahead for integrating audio.

CarlS wrote:I use Adobe Premiere Pro some at work, and am thinking about picking up After Effects for my own use.
If you're looking for something low cost, but still pretty good, then check out Video Edit Magic

--Carl
Hi there, thanks, that was a nice tip :D .

Canopus Let's Edit

That's what I prefer anyway. ;)

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”