Wormhelmet, I said $5500 AUSTRALIAN DOLLARS.

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Read again, very clear.

and um, a DUAL DUAL core system.

you only quoted for one dual core athlon.

i rest my case, in fact, the pc is more expensive.
Last edited by ObsoleteAcc99 on Wed Nov 30, 2005 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

ttoz I agree with you, last spring i compared an Alienware laptop to the fastest PowerBook at that time. Of course, the Alienware latop was more expensive.

1. A G5 is not a dual dual core, so I would only need one AMD dual core to compete. I can get two single core 800 series Opterons for cheaper in a system than your G5.
2. $550 Australian Dollars? You're dreaming - the american dollar exchange rate hasn't sunk that low.
3. Did you have to make a whole thread to tell me that?¿?
4. That was one small search and yes, I can find a Dual CPU opteron system for cheaper than the G5 here. It's not that hard, plus I can upgrade whenever I want with newer chips and run Unix, Linux, and Windows on it. A G5 is great, but you're locked in to the hardware. more so now since they are going to Intel soon. Why are they going to Intel - Probably 64bit dual core processor support. AMD will have 8 on a chip soon and with that system I can just swap the MoBo out and CPU's. Can you do that with your G5? :roll:
"I am a meat popsicle"
Soundcloud Vondragonnoggin
Soundclick Wormhelmet

My cock is much bigger than yours

:lol: :lol: :-o
"I am a meat popsicle"
Soundclick Wormhelmet

I promise not to make a "ttoz, check out my big cock" thread when this one gets locked. 8) :lol:
"I am a meat popsicle"
Soundclick Wormhelmet

Just so no one whines and thinks I'm a PC Lover only - check out this article http://www.barefeats.com/g5op.html

I'm sure I could dig up a few where the Opteron will get a better side, but this does show a G5 to be pretty darn fast. :wink:
"I am a meat popsicle"
Soundclick Wormhelmet

Wormhelmet wrote:1. A G5 is not a dual dual core, so I would only need one AMD dual core to compete. I can get two single core 800 series Opterons for cheaper in a system than your G5.
2. $550 Australian Dollars? You're dreaming - the american dollar exchange rate hasn't sunk that low.
3. Did you have to make a whole thread to tell me that?¿?
4. That was one small search and yes, I can find a Dual CPU opteron system for cheaper than the G5 here. It's not that hard, plus I can upgrade whenever I want with newer chips and run Unix, Linux, and Windows on it. A G5 is great, but you're locked in to the hardware. more so now since they are going to Intel soon. Why are they going to Intel - Probably 64bit dual core processor support. AMD will have 8 on a chip soon and with that system I can just swap the MoBo out and CPU's. Can you do that with your G5? :roll:
1) Bzzz. Sorry, wrong answer. G5, for 4 weeks, has been available in dual, dual core 2.5ghz.
Look HERE QUAD 2.5

2)Typo on my part, my apologies, I meant $5,500 AUD.

3) Yes, becasue the other was locked, and you have your pm disabled, and I hate bullshit.

4) Once again, your not comparing similar systems

OK, that's a smokin G5, but I like my AMD's and PC's better. I can build them myself at the same or lower cost than a G5 and I'm not stuck with proprietary software/hardware stuff. It's all a matter of personal choice. I really think if you can't see the power and performance available with either platform, then you need to open your eyes, but I prefer PC and like XP fine. My system is rock solid stable and I surf the net and game/do graphics on my DAW. No viruses, no spyware, no problems. Luckily for me, my DAW of choice is Ableton Live, so if I wanted to go Mac ever exclusively, I could take my DAW with me. Not all my great freebie plugs though. Not that I would ever do that (God forbid). I got my eye on building a desktop Pentium M next anyway. Weeee. Ultraquiet, powerful, in a micro atx form. Nice. 8)
"I am a meat popsicle"
Soundclick Wormhelmet

ttoz wrote:1) Bzzz. Sorry, wrong answer. G5, for 4 weeks, has been available in dual, dual core 2.5ghz.
Really? Then how come they don't have one to loan us for DMF next week so we can show customers how well some of our software runs on their platform? They told our guy that the quad-cores weren't available yet. Suits me, its just gonna make their platform look pretty weak next to our quad-core IBM box running Flame, although it might be able to compete, up to a point, with the HP xw8200's that I'll be using for Toxik.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

CorrosiveGod wrote:ttoz I agree with you, last spring i compared an Alienware laptop to the fastest PowerBook at that time. Of course, the Alienware latop was more expensive.
A single Alienware system will bankrupt most entire countries.

ttoz wrote:Read again, very clear.

and um, a DUAL DUAL core system.

you only quoted for one dual core athlon.

i rest my case, in fact, the pc is more expensive.

a dual dual core amd would be a f**k of a lot faster than a dual 2.7 G5 though. You'll need to compare puters with the same speed..

I think Mac will be quite a bit more expensive that a PC in that case
My other host is Bruce Forsyth

No, dual-CPU PC's get ridiculously expensive. Its mostly because we don't need them to remain competitive with a Mac so the economies of scale are not really there.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Kingston wrote:My cock is much bigger than yours
I've got the biggest one under my table.
In the end will be the word.
Check out some of my music at www.fritzmetal.de

fritzman wrote:
Kingston wrote:My cock is much bigger than yours
I've got the biggest one under my table.
Oh, didn't you say COMPUTER???

:hihi:
In the end will be the word.
Check out some of my music at www.fritzmetal.de

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”