eXpeRIMentFOUR esef ... simple soundfont player ... beta02

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

esef is a VERY simple soundfont player ... just the thing for when all you want to do is hear the sample play [and not be confused by all the parameters on your bells and whistles sampler while you watch your cpu consumption go through the roof] ... and its being built with synthedit [thanks jeff] ...

- soundfont bank and patch management
- state-variable filter [lowpass / highpass / bandpass / notch] with bypass mode and adjustable adsr envelope
- vca section with adjustable adsr envelope
- monophonic and polyphonic modes

... i would be grateful for feedback on concept / usability / stability etc. before i build on it further [not that it needs much more] ...

get it here ...

... cheers :shock: rob
Last edited by pHz on Fri Nov 01, 2002 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Man, you are doing some terrific work! It all looks good and sounds better. I LOVE the overall look of everything; the site, the plugs, even your new signature is kickass!
There are rocketships outside of my window. Really: www.cosmo.org
www.theelectronicgarden.com

thx scot 8) ...

... i think im finally getting my head around a bit of synth design thanks to synthedit [i mean ... i have had sync for a while but never got THAT into it ... but synthedits vsti-creation abilities has got me motivated now ... that and a week off work :D ] ...

... glad you like the look too [coming from a fellow visual artist dude that means a lot] ... going for a kind of left-field korg colour coded feel to the synths [the knobs on esef still need doing btw] ...

... cheers :shock: rob

ps ... if you like the current stuff [im guessing fontaminator is right up your street :?: :wink: ] ... watch out for the new one inVECTion ... just a hint ... the letters t and g and the number 33 ...

OOOH!!!!
I LOVED that synth! I had two TG-33s at one point. And a Wavestation. Yep, you might say I like vector-based stuff. I particularly liked the way that the TG-33's joystick controlled pitch as well as amplitude. Have you seen Andy (Collusion) did a killer SynC ensemble of the TG-33. He sort of crossed it with an SY77. Neat. I use that one a lot...
There are rocketships outside of my window. Really: www.cosmo.org
www.theelectronicgarden.com

ooh ... so i wont be able to pull the wool over YOUR eyes on that one ... bugger :!: :D :!: ...

... not quite sure how to implement the joystick thingy yet ... may well end up as lots of horizontal / vertical faders :?: [or maybe a bank of lfos :?: ] ... deffo going for the pitch AND amplitude thingy though ...

[DISCLAIMER ... never actually knowingly heard a tg33 ... someone on the synthedit yahoogroup mentioned it after playing with fontaminator ... and is going to send me a few sampled waveforms ... and i managed to find a manual in .pdf on the net somewhere ... SO ... it may well end up sounding like the tg33s evil mutant bastard child rather than a faithful emulation :D ]

therefore ... any info GRATEFULLY received ... as i dont think theres a vsti tg33 emulator out there already ...

... cheers :? rob

kay ... beta02 available ...

- extra filter option added [biquad / moog-style]
- vca envelope bypass mode added

get it here ...

Heh, Rob, I'll get this. BTW I played with Fontaminator for a while and it's a great toy. I used it on the pads on my 'Horizon' track in KvR cafe and it worked a treat... :)

ah tris ... glad you liked it ... see my reply in that thread :wink:

eXpeRIMentFOUR,

great work, as Scot said beautiful interfaces and highly functional work.

If you need to discuss the TG-33 let me know. I had the rack version for many years.

Bruce

I really like your designs and sounds, but all of your pieces suffer with noise creeping into the signal shortly after it starts. I have noticed this with some other synth edit synths. I am running XP and FruityLoops on a 2Ghz laptop. I use Fruity's sound font player alot and also am a big fan of Virtual Sound Canvas so I had high hopes for your sound font players.

I would guess it is probly due to the cheesy sound chip in my laptop and not your software, but I though I would let you know. Most other VSTs work just fine for me however.

The noise is hard to describe. Its kind of like a dull after click you hear about a half second after hitting a note. Keep up the good work!
--JAIDY
--addicted to VSTs --

john ...

thx for the info ... havent noticed anything here but ill look into it [i also have a crappy laptop soundcard :) ] ...

Return to “Modular Synthesis”