GForce Axxess

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

GForceSoftware wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 6:49 pm
MrJubbly wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 8:19 pm Listened to it, bought it!

tbh, at that intro price, it's a no-brainer purchase.

Same old Gforce (both good and bad).

Good:
• Great-sounding plugins (most insta-buys for existing Gforce customers)/
• Great-looking/scalable GUIs (when not trying to ape Arturia too hard, like the dreaded SEM v1.6 update, subsequently corrected in v1.6.1 mere weeks later).
• Great modern preset organisation/browsing system (in their most recent updated products at least).
• Great value. Especially when on sale. Which they perhaps are a little too often these days. And I feel as though Gforce wouldn't need nearly as many sales, if they corrected some of the following 'trial/demo' issues...

Bad (trial/demo limitations):
• Illogical alpha patch designation and limitations (not showcasing full potential to new Gforce virgins - less of an issue to existing customers, but still!)
• Very stingy time restrictions to trial plugins. Puts unnecessary pressure on potential customers, instead of allowing people to trial products at a more leisurely pace / other life-commitments, etc.)
AXXESS Demo is not limited to Alpha nor 4h (as other instruments). AXXESS demo gives access to all 350+ patches and runs for 7 days. :-)
My bad then. I stand corrected.

I personally bought the plugin without even demoing it myself, as I own all your other plugins and could tell I would like AXXESS just from the audio demos I listened to.

I simply ASSumed that the demo would have the same restrictions as all previous Gforce products. But I'm glad you corrected my ignorant misinformation. (and clearly made an ASS out of myself by doing so). :lol:

And I'm also glad you decided to remove those restrictions, as I do believe that will help to showcase your product to more new potential customers and allow them more time to enjoy exploring what your great synths sound like.

One thing I do wish for, is that once Gforce products have been registered, that the 'Alpha' flags within the preset menus could be hidden. Since, once registered and activated, the 'Alpha' designation no longer holds any real significance, and is a little bit visually distracting, having those additional 'alpha' symbols always present in the patch browser.

But good work. I've been extremely impressed with most of your updates recently and you've even listened to customers and made some positive corrections, when needed.

Thanks for correcting my misapprehensions regarding your demo restrictions for AXXESS :tu:

Edit: For what it's worth, I have now edited my original comment, to correct that initial assumption and prevent spreading misinformation regarding the AXXESS demo. Apologies!

GForceSoftware wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 6:49 pm AXXESS Demo is not limited to Alpha nor 4h (as other instruments). AXXESS demo gives access to all 350+ patches and runs for 7 days. :-)
My demo ran out on the first day

zerocrossing wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 7:58 pm

I'm matching settings and finding them to be almost identical with the biggest differences in the ADSR envelope.
Clueless as always
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

gentleclockdivider wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 8:57 pm
zerocrossing wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 7:58 pm

I'm matching settings and finding them to be almost identical with the biggest differences in the ADSR envelope.
Clueless as always
He didn't like your misspelling of Oddity on page one... :lol:

One of the best emulations. <----that is a period

Time of the month?
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Crashing on "Siren Down" patch!

Win 10 64 bit..

nirm123 wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 11:13 am it crashes for me immediately on Mac, both the standalone and also the vst2/3/au version (in Reaper), did anyone experience such an issue?
Nope. Bought it and it is already used in a new project
MacMini M2 Pro . 32GB . 2TB . . Bitwig Studio 5.2……Renoise……Reason 12……Live 12 Push 2

Buka wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 9:49 pm Crashing on "Siren Down" patch!

Win 10 64 bit..
Confirmed ,
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

gentleclockdivider wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 10:01 pm

Win 10 64 bit..
Confirmed ,
Gforce are aware of the crashing preset issue and have advised to avoid using the two presets named “Siren Down” and “Unstable Sequence” until their update fix.

MrJubbly wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 10:26 pm
gentleclockdivider wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 10:01 pm

Win 10 64 bit..
Confirmed ,
Gforce are aware of the crashing preset issue and have advised to avoid using the two presets named “Siren Down” and “Unstable Sequence” until their update fix.
Wow. Appropriately named presets then! :lol:

Avoid a preset called Blue Screen Of Death if you come across it.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Aloysius wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 9:57 am Avoid a preset called Blue Screen Of Death if you come across it.
I'm definitely clicking on that preset. :lol:

Now that we have two free preset banks for AXXESS, I am starting to see a lot more potential in this deceptively simple synth. They aren't all winners but there are a few that are unexpectedly good and detailed in a way you wouldn't expect from a synth like this. I am more and more impressed and the sound quality, especially in the higher registers, is sensational. If you haven't already, you should definitely give this a go before the intro pricing ends.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

GForceSoftware wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 6:49 pm AXXESS Demo is not limited to Alpha nor 4h (as other instruments). AXXESS demo gives access to all 350+ patches and runs for 7 days. :-)
This was a good change, thank you.

If you don't mind, I have a tiny feature request for all your upcoming synths that use the X-LFO and X-ENV stuff and if possible, some future updates for Axxess and OB-X too.

FR: Add keyboard tracking in the X-LFO / X-Env section. It could simply be a "global" keyboard tracking for both LFO and ENV amounts. This would be tremendously helpful in getting some sounds to play nicer at the higher range of the keyboard. For instance in Axxess a high amount of resonance can sound absolutely awesome below C3/C4 but if you go higher it can become really nasty and grating. If we had key tracking we could balance this out a bit and have a way to add some variety over the whole keyboard range.

Another example would be for vibrato where you can usually get away with more vibrato for lower notes than for higher notes. Keyboard tracking amount of the LFO would be helpful here and would sound awesome.

If you add it for both LFO and ENV amounts separately that would be even better but a single knob from -100% to +100% would suffice that covers both.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

Return to “Instruments”