VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

New from GForce with intro pricing
https://www.gforcesoftware.com/products/axxess/

Seems that GF listened to demo feedback - you can demo all presets. :tu:
https://youtu.be/F7pSXh8HNtc
Last edited by db3 on Tue Dec 19, 2023 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Why though. Doesn't the oddity cover this?

Make a 2600!

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 10:47 am Why though. Doesn't the oddity cover this?
Well, it's like the SEM being a "lite" version of OB-E. It's quicker/easier to make a derivative product from the existing tech, rather than something wholly new, so you can have larger catalog with a range of products and price points that appeal to different people.

Not everyone wants super-complex instruments anyway (although mostly KVRers probably do) and there is also appeal in emulations of instruments you might be attached too, even if they may not be that desirable in terms of features.

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 10:47 am Why though. Doesn't the oddity cover this?
Marketing.
I am a philistine and I love commercial music <insert favourite consumer items here>

At the current intro price point, it's not much more expensive than some sound packs - so it's probably worth it based on the presets and sounds already.

Synth Anatomy
http://www.synthanatomy.com
Sound Design and Software / IOS Synthesizer Videochannel

It has a sequencer, the Ody doesn’t.

I am not sure what is the difference in the coding but it sounds fat and warm and in your face much more than the oddity 3 to me.
The oddity 3 was ok.. This one is really nice... and I at least love the presets.

rsp
sound sculptist

This has limited appeal as an Oddity 3 owner. At least don't gimp the polyphony down from 16 voices to 6, what's the point of doing that? (yeah the original was monophonic but Oddity has 16 voices and that was based on a duophonic synth) Don't need the sequencer as that's what my DAW is.

Identical to Oddity in tonality/character as far as single waveforms are concerned. The difference comes when adding the extra waveform, as Axxess doesn't have the same dual oscillator tuning characteristics as Oddity. Still sounds nice with that juicy filter and the modulation options.

Shame that the Arp synths don't really translate well to skeuomorphic plugin design. The fonts are always too small and fuzzy, and my brain can never quite intuitively remember where everything is. I find myself squinting thinking "Where's the feckin' LFO again??"

zvenx wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 1:01 pm I am not sure what is the difference in the coding but it sounds fat and warm and in your face much more than the oddity 3 to me.
The oddity 3 was ok.. This one is really nice... and I at least love the presets.

rsp
The two osc's in axxe always start on phase and it doesn't have a high pass set at 16 hz default .
You can get there on Oditty by enabling sync for vco 2 ( same pitch ) but the osc's will slightly be out of phase when pressing a new key while the old one is held .
Those are the main differences that make it sound more in your face
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

The arp axxe sounds nice but a shared filter-amp envelope without the ability to decouple the amp and use gate instead is a no go for me .(already have oddity 3 btw )
Edit: I guess that's where the xadsr 's come in handy
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Used to like the really old KikAxxe, and this sounds great. It's a no brainer for me at that intro price.

So this is a part of the ARP or something new?

Trial demo already expired. So much for 7 days I guess?

It looks nice. But 8 voices would have been better than 6. I already hated the 6-voice limit on Tal's Noizemaker. The two additional voices can make a big difference with pads.

Return to “Instruments”