Logic Pro 11

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Delete

Tomorrow or never?

pizzatime1 wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 11:20 am Would be very exciting getting 11 soon..
11, 12.. 13.. whatever it takes
dayjob wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 5:09 pm
a simple question mark in the thread title would solve some problems

Logic Pro 11?

Apple should release Logic Pro 11 but only with small bug fixes.... that would be epic !

It could be just a disappointing 10.8. Nothing extraordinary. Facelift for the remaining untouched old plugins (Ultrabeat, Delay Designer, ES1/2), couple new drummer emojis and some new fancy smanchy starbucks producer features that nobody cares about in the long run.

What are the chances that they actually did the only thing they should have: completely rewrite the audio engine.

My hope goes for an iPad version on steroids (rewritten) to make it the fastest DAW available and at the same time bring Logic for Desktop and iPad closer together.
I feel like there's too much of a gap now between both GUIs for a coherent experience.

machinesworking wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 8:06 am I keep on wanting to go back to using Logic, but dammit I always run into some weird quirk it has that drives me nuts. The other "do everything" DAWs on my system do one simple intuitive thing with count-in and the metronome, they give you choices on when the click count in happens. So only while recording or only during count in, two IMO obvious variations on count in and metronomes.

I often want to play through a guitar part a few times before actually recording it, to get the timing right, which means a count in is more than useful, and I can't figure out how to get Logic to just metronome count in without recording.
You mean play only during count-in? Just click the metronome button which has a drop down, it has a an option ...Only During count-in. Turn on Click while recording. I'm going to be that guy but RTFM.
Last edited by apoclypse on Mon Oct 30, 2023 1:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Studio One // Bitwig // Logic Pro // Ableton // Reason // FLStudio // MPC // Force // Maschine

sigh tripple post
Last edited by apoclypse on Mon Oct 30, 2023 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Studio One // Bitwig // Logic Pro // Ableton // Reason // FLStudio // MPC // Force // Maschine

double post

double post. Sorry guys

apoclypse wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 1:42 pm
machinesworking wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 8:06 am I keep on wanting to go back to using Logic, but dammit I always run into some weird quirk it has that drives me nuts. The other "do everything" DAWs on my system do one simple intuitive thing with count-in and the metronome, they give you choices on when the click count in happens. So only while recording or only during count in, two IMO obvious variations on count in and metronomes.

I often want to play through a guitar part a few times before actually recording it, to get the timing right, which means a count in is more than useful, and I can't figure out how to get Logic to just metronome count in without recording.
You mean play only during count-in? Just click the metronome button which has a drop down, it has a an option ...Only During count-in. Turn on Click while recording. I'm going to be that guy but RTFM.
I think machinesworking wants it without recording. Just a count in click before playback starts.

ozinga wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 2:24 pm

I think machinesworking wants it without recording. Just a count in click before playback starts.
I don't think I even own a DAW that's does count in on just playback. That doesn't make sense to me as you would normally want count in before you record not before you playback. Otherwise you'd just enable the metronome like normal during playback. Not sure this is a Logic specific thing. Ableton, Bitwig, Studio One, Reason, FLStudio etc all have the same limitations there.

I read the manual and asked on the Logic forums, unfortunately you're going to be that other guy, the one who doesn't read through what someone wrote before jumping to conclusions. The option to click only during count in, does not exist without being in record mode. i.e. you cannot get a count in without recording audio or MIDI. In the drop down you see that Click only during count in is tied directly to recording, there's no way around it. This the same behavior you see in Live and Bitwig. On my system DP and Reaper both have an option to get a click count in when not recording, Logic does not.

apoclypse wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 3:31 pm I don't think I even own a DAW that's does count in on just playback. That doesn't make sense to me as you would normally want count in before you record not before you playback. Otherwise you'd just enable the metronome like normal during playback. Not sure this is a Logic specific thing. Ableton, Bitwig, Studio One, Reason, FLStudio etc all have the same limitations there.
I just posted, but here's the scenario. I'm collaborating with a buddy I talked into using Live years ago, I'm writing the guitar part of an almost completed, I want to practice it a few times before recording it, it's on bar one of the song. The only way to do this in Live is to move the entire song over one or two bars and record a click sound for those two bars. Same with Logic, Live, Bitwig etc. In Digital Performer and Reaper you have the option to get the count in to happen when not in record mode, so in those DAWs this same workflow is just a checkbox in the metronome preferences. Anyway it's not a deal breaker for most people using MIDI and quantizing it etc. I just sometimes want to practice getting the audio recorded on bar one without having to deleted a bunch of scratch recordings, or move the entire arrangement over.

apoclypse wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 3:31 pm I don't think I even own a DAW that's does count in on just playback. That doesn't make sense to me as you would normally want count in before you record not before you playback. Otherwise you'd just enable the metronome like normal during playback. Not sure this is a Logic specific thing. Ableton, Bitwig, Studio One, Reason, FLStudio etc all have the same limitations there.
Pro Tools has had it for ages. “Count Off” gets used all the time there, plus they have a dedicated Playback Start marker. It’s very useful for rehearsing, practicing, or discussing especially when working with a group.

Pretty sure Studio One added it too, when they were going after PT users.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”