AudioThing Fog Convolver v2.2 - Creative Convolution Reverb

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It would be handy to have a dedicated knob that can crossfade between the two IRs when in parallel mix mode. It's easy enough to set up inverted modulation for Mix 1 and Mix 2 in a DAW, but having a built-in functionality to smoothly transition between one space and another would be neat!

The parameter lock on the eq doesn't work for me. Switching to a different IR resets it to default. Also, going back to the first one the eq is reset.

heyheycnv wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 7:54 pm The parameter lock on the eq doesn't work for me. Switching to a different IR resets it to default. Also, going back to the first one the eq is reset.
This was fixed in the latest update.

heyheycnv wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 7:54 pm The parameter lock on the eq doesn't work for me. Switching to a different IR resets it to default. Also, going back to the first one the eq is reset.
This is fixed in the beta version that you can download from your user area.
However, the lock it might have an issue with VST2 on certain hosts, we'll upload a new beta in the following days.
AudioThing (VST, AU, AAX, CLAP Plugins)
Instagram | Twitter | Discord Server

Can you select/edit all the author and tags in a bank at once?

I'm also getting a "problem deleting bank" message when trying to do such a thing.

heyheycnv wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 3:23 pm Can you select/edit all the author and tags in a bank at once?

I'm also getting a "problem deleting bank" message when trying to do such a thing.
No, unfortunately it's not possible to do that, but I might add it in a future update.
That error means Fog Convolver can't move the bank folder to the trash. You can contact us here with your system information and we can have a look.

audiothing wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 9:30 pm
This is fixed in the beta version that you can download from your user area.
However, the lock it might have an issue with VST2 on certain hosts, we'll upload a new beta in the following days.
Is there an quick/easy way to migrate all imported banks and presets from previous Fog2 to this beta?

heyheycnv wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 3:00 pmIs there an quick/easy way to migrate all imported banks and presets from previous Fog2 to this beta?
If you copy the previous banks directly into the Fog Convolver 2 sample folder, it should be enough.
If you used subfolders with Fog v1, you can try to enable the option "Search subfolders for presets" in the Settings panel (beta only).

The paths:
MAC /Users/Shared/AudioThing/Samples/FogConvolver2/
PC \Users\Public\Public Documents\AudioThing\Samples\FogConvolver2\

heyheycnv wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 3:23 pm Can you select/edit all the author and tags in a bank at once?
Ok, so I've just uploaded a new beta with this. If you right-click on a preset you can now select "Set Author for all presets". It's still a beta, so it might have issues, but I'm planning to add several more features like that to easily edit all presets at once.

audiothing wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 3:40 pm
Ok, so I've just uploaded a new beta with this. If you right-click on a preset you can now select "Set Author for all presets". It's still a beta, so it might have issues, but I'm planning to add several more features like that to easily edit all presets at once.
Fantastic. I'll hold off getting the newest beta if more features are going to be added.

Hi Audio Thing, I'd love some simplifying of the workflow around bank/library management.

Example of what I'd like to be able to do:

1. Click + next to Bank to add a new Bank (I can already do this so...so far so good)
2. Click + next to Category to add a new Category (2 for 2!)
3. Click + sign next to the impulse browser window to add impulses into that new bank/category (huh - can't do this)

The only way I know of to add IR's to a bank is to import them to a new bank. Which seems weird when there are + signs to allow me to create a bank and category. I'm not understanding the utility of that or the expected IR bank management workflow. Are we meant to only use the Import feature?

Hope this is helpful.

I'd still also really like the ability to change the waveform view from one that can also show the Freq response of the impulse as typically used in Guitar Cab sims. Seems like a toggle button could be added to the top-right of the waveform view window to flip between the IR view, and the Freq Response view.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 5:08 pm 3. Click + sign next to the impulse browser window to add impulses into that new bank/category (huh - can't do this)

The only way I know of to add IR's to a bank is to import them to a new bank. Which seems weird when there are + signs to allow me to create a bank and category. I'm not understanding the utility of that or the expected IR bank management workflow. Are we meant to only use the Import feature?
Ok, so there are two ways, one is to use the import feature as you said, but that's for importing whole banks; the second is to just load the IR in the current preset and save it as a new preset inside that bank. That being said, a + button to add a new preset with a generic state to load your own IRs seems like a good idea. I'll think about it.
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 5:08 pmI'd still also really like the ability to change the waveform view from one that can also show the Freq response of the impulse as typically used in Guitar Cab sims. Seems like a toggle button could be added to the top-right of the waveform view window to flip between the IR view, and the Freq Response view.
Yes, this is also a good idea

Thanks Audio Thing!

Drag and drop would also be a great way to manage banks. Like if I had a bunch of IR's open in File Exporer or Reaper's Media Explorer and could just drag them into a bank.

That could be a bit harder to integrate into the current system, but I'll think about it. Thanks!

I cannot load any impulse into IR2 from the browser. I have IR2 selected but when I choose an impulse it defaults over to IR1 and places it there.
I've tried running as admin, locking all parameters except IR loading, turning IR1 off. I cannot find any documentation steps on what I need to do.

Return to “Effects”