AudioThing Fog Convolver v2.2 - Creative Convolution Reverb

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Fog Convolver 2 is finally here! :party:

Fog Convolver 2 is a true stereo convolution reverb/processor plugin. This new version has been rewritten and redesigned from scratch, and now features modulation, effects, an impulse response generator, and a lot of improvements.

You can now load 2 separate impulse responses (or one true stereo/quad channel impulse response) and have separate or linked controls for both. There are 5 different routing modes to arrange the impulses: single, serial, parallel, parallel mix, and true stereo.
Each impulse can have 2 LFOs, with 10 waveforms and 18 destinations, one dedicated multi-mode filter (with pre, IR, or post modes), and a 5-band graphic EQ.

Fog Convolver features 9 factory banks with more than 710 impulse responses made from spaces, analog and digital equipment, organic sources, and more.

If you own Fog Convolver v1.x, you can purchase the upgrade in your user area for $5 / €5.

Details
  • Price: $69 / €69 (VAT inc.)
  • Available as VST2, VST3, AU, AAX, CLAP (64bit only)
  • macOS, Windows, Linux
  • Lightweight Real-Time Convolution Engine
  • 5 Modes including True Stereo
  • Dual IR Engine with Parameter Link
  • 4 LFOs with multiple destinations
  • 2 Multi-mode Filters
  • Chorus, Phaser, Compressor, Waveshaper
  • Impulse Response Generator
  • Preset Browser with customizable categories, tags, ratings, …
  • 710+ Impulse Responses
  • Resizable Window
  • Preset system with randomizer
Video Overview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qQKXy-X94k
Product Page: https://www.audiothing.net/effects/fog-convolver/
Last edited by audiothing on Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
AudioThing (VST, AU, AAX, CLAP Plugins)
Instagram | Twitter | Discord Server

Fantastic upgrade - was looking forwards to this!

Will it retain my settings, presets and folders from version 1?

Excellent update. Was waiting for this one! Price was way better than expected too. Thanks!

Upgraded for a fiver !!!!!! Really good plugin in its initial form this is a marked improvement.
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

Interesting, I think I'm going to upgrade!

I wont buy this because I already have Reverberate but the price / value for Fog Convolver is exceptional - might even be worth my while just for the impulse responses

Awesome!

Awesome update, and... very generous upgrade price :love:
Thanks a lot, AudioThing!

Absolute nobrainer, especially for all existing ver 1 users (inspite of Reverbrates and 15 other reverbs).
Purchased and will try this upgrade in some instances during the weekend. Will maybe comment the product after that. Lets see how all the high expections after a long wait for this upgrade will actualize. :tu:

Less than a fiver for an upgrade like this? Done. I haven't even looked at what's new yet.

In the video, some of the responses are tagged as "synced" and have a bpm range in the name. Does that mean they are synced to the DAW's tempo?

There is an option to "Reset All Ratings" but there doesn't seem to be a way to clear out an individual rating once you enter one. I think we need a "zero stars" option. :)

...or a "Reset Rating" [in addition to "Reset All Ratings"] option that applies to only the selected IR.

A couple questions :
- Are all the V1 presets included in V2 (and, if not, is there an easy way to convert them)?
- Did you consider some kind of visual feedback for the compressor (like a vumeter of some sort) to check quickly if/when the compressor is active?

aMUSEd wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 12:58 pm Fantastic upgrade - was looking forwards to this!

Will it retain my settings, presets and folders from version 1?
Thank you! No, v2.0 is considered a completely new plugin, so you can run both together if you want. You can still import the banks, but some of the settings are different (like the Pitch and the Filters).

Held wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 2:46 pm In the video, some of the responses are tagged as "synced" and have a bpm range in the name. Does that mean they are synced to the DAW's tempo?
The IRs in the Polarity bank are indeed synced, but that's not a feature of Fog, it's just the IR.

Return to “Effects”