May Contest: Gossip

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

AnX wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:12 am "boot on the muppets face"

sounds like a Norwegian death metel song title that got slightly lost in translation :hihi:
:band:

vurt wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:03 pm
donkey tugger wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 2:11 am
Tbase2000 wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:48 am So don't intentionally push my buttons anymore and try to get me banned from the site. Both of you. I've never tried to do that to you.

Cuts both ways son...As I said before, a bit of self-perception as to how your own comments come across and affect others goes a long way. There's being critical of someone's music (which is absolutely fine), and then there's the quasi-macho posturing which as far as I can see seems done a lot to deliberately to get a rise from people, particularly those who you know you can rile. Not pleasant when the boots on the other foot is it?
a bit about last night...

i had no intention of getting him banned/suspended
just, as donks said here, the guy knows who he can get a rise out of and pushes those buttons.
me, im pretty much unphasable, so i figured id show him what its like from the other side.

now, obviously, i don't mind a laugh and a joke, but you have to know when to take a step back, or to realise when your humour may not be the right thing for a given moment.
i have a dark, sarcastic sense of humour myself, and sometimes i do take the piss with people, but if i see its not being taken as humour, i step back.

i hope after his suspension, he has learned from the experience.
as im gonna be busy doing 25 to life if my neighbour keeps up being a dick :x
For me it has become very simple. I no longer engage. I use the ignore button and that's it.

My life around here is going to be very calm and peaceful from now on.

Tbase2000 wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:48 am So don't intentionally push my buttons anymore and try to get me banned from the site. Both of you. I've never tried to do that to you.

Cuts both ways son...As I said before, a bit of self-perception as to how your own comments come across and affect others goes a long way. There's being critical of someone's music (which is absolutely fine), and then there's the quasi-macho posturing which as far as I can see seems done a lot to deliberately to get a rise from people, particularly those who you know you can rile. Not pleasant when the boots on the other foot is it?

just, as donks said here, the guy knows who he can get a rise out of and pushes those buttons.
me, im pretty much unphasable, so i figured id show him what its like from the other side.

now, obviously, i don't mind a laugh and a joke, but you have to know when to take a step back, or to realise when your humour may not be the right thing for a given moment.
i have a dark, sarcastic sense of humour myself, and sometimes i do take the piss with people, but if i see its not being taken as humour, i step back.

That would have been a great post, if you'd used some capital letters. :x

donkey tugger wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:18 pm

I had a job once assisting a one armed typist with capital letters.
It was shift work....

i take my anti capitalism very seriously indeed!

AnX wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:22 pm

I had a job once assisting a one armed typist with capital letters.
It was shift work....
:rimjob:

:oops: sorry :rimshot:

AnX wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:22 pm I had a job once assisting a one armed typist with capital letters.
It was shift work....
:tu: :lol:

I may steal this :D
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

folderol wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:33 pm
AnX wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:22 pm I had a job once assisting a one armed typist with capital letters.
It was shift work....
:tu: :lol:

I may steal this :D

help yourself, i did :hihi:

vurt wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:28 pm

:rimjob:

:oops: sorry :rimshot:

I'll take either :party:

:lol:

wagtunes wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:09 pm For me it has become very simple. I no longer engage. I use the ignore button and that's it.

But what happens if one Mutes folks who aren't permanently banned and participate in future contests? Does their great music still get through?

rp314 wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:35 pm
wagtunes wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:09 pm For me it has become very simple. I no longer engage. I use the ignore button and that's it.

But what happens if one Mutes folks who aren't permanently banned and participate in future contests? Does their great music still get through?
There are options to display posts of ignored members. I'll do that only for the submissions thread.

Whatever works, no? I actually seem to recall asking that very same question after a similar dust up years ago and I think it was just Ignored. :hihi: (Although, to be fair, maybe quite a few around here would not even consider using that option)

Look on the bright side-there was a good number of entries and rachMiel made a return appearance. :ud:

rp314 wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:09 pm Look on the bright side-there was a good number of entries and rachMiel made a return appearance. :ud:
New all we need is Markleford, Scoops, MaxElBelga and a few others to show up :P
Like this :hyper:
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

So who won?

Return to “Music Cafe”