FR: Personalize Splash screen text?

Official support for: mutools.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Although I am not concerned about my name being shown on the splash screen at all, I am very curious how showing your name is a copy protection thing. I understand having your name as part of the license key is necessary, but why does it have to be on display?

If I downloaded a cracked MuLab and it displayed someone else's name, who's going to see it? Who's going to care? If people do see it, it's easily explainable should you be asked. Sorry, I'm not condoning anything, just examining the reason for showing a name.

I don't purchase many apps as free apps more than accommodate my needs. In my experience though it's only the audio industry that does this. That said, maybe the apps I've purchased are too low profile to do this?!

I've bought winrar, file menu tools, xyplorer and renamer, all of which show the licensee in the about window. So I'm curious why the audio sector seems to want to display personal user info where everyone can see it?

sl23 wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 9:16 am In my experience though it's only the audio industry that does this.
Not in my experience.

My very expensive math program has a splash screen with my name and company name in huge text, my subscribed education app does the same, and I'm sure there are others.
pekbro wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 8:28 amfanboys, geeze...
No, I just like to know what I am talking about, and not speculate wildly.

This thread is "The Blind Leading the Blind."
F E E D
Y O U R
F L O W

Well, I did say that probably the more expensive software uses that method.

Who's leading who? I'm leading no one and am enquiring as to why it is even necessary. It has nothing to do with copy protection. Copy protection is used to disable the ability to copy software and use it without a legitimate license, yes? How does showing your personal details relate to that in any way whatsoever?!

Just cos people like something doesn't make them fanboys! That's a sad pathetic conclusion made by a typical immature egocentric individual. If you don't like that label, don't throw labels at others when you have no clue who or what they are. You believe you know people only from what you see here, but truth is that you know nothing. So please don't abuse people without knowing who they are.

sl23 wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 10:35 amHow does showing your personal details relate to that in any way whatsoever?!
Jo said that names on the splash screen is part of the copy protection scheme.
So some 'lead' by asking why, others 'follow' with speculations.
All of us are 'blind' to the knowledge needed to make informed judgements.
So why not just trust the expert and pick a more musically useful FR?
That's all.
F E E D
Y O U R
F L O W

I requested nothing...

Return to “MUTOOLS”