Comming up next from Kjaerhus Audio

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Aah, me love GPP-1 long time... :lol:
Great news Torben !

Torben, have this product been inspired by classic "limiters" like the Fairchild or LA-2a? Can it provide similar subtle nuances? Also, do you have some "warmifier" kind of code under the hood, that is, does it change the frequency and phase of audio in a pleasing way? What I'm trying to pinpoint here is that is this that utopic "wunder machine" that makes everything sound better!? :D I'm looking forward to trying the demo!

Cheers!
bManic

Ooh GCO-lite would be tasty! Everytime I look at GCO, I keep thinking "Too many controls! Ugh!" :D

Forever,

Kim.

bmanic wrote:Torben, have this product been inspired by classic "limiters" like the Fairchild or LA-2a?
Not directly. These are feedback based limiters with obviously no look ahead and the GPP-1 is a based on the feed forward method with less ringing and a little look ahead to make the sound softer.
bmanic wrote:Can it provide similar subtle nuances?
It can be very subtle.
bmanic wrote:Also, do you have some "warmifier" kind of code under the hood, that is, does it change the frequency and phase of audio in a pleasing way?
No, the sound is untouched if the input level is below its active compression level (threshold - knee). We added no artificial colours or flavourings :D
bmanic wrote:What I'm trying to pinpoint here is that is this that utopic "wunder machine" that makes everything sound better!?:D
We had good results with the material we tried it on.
bmanic wrote:I'm looking forward to trying the demo!

Cheers!
bManic
Torben

Torben wrote:
ttoz wrote::shock:

So this is a track limiter right? Not a final mastering limiter?
Yes, It is not for making square waves out of your tracks :D It’s made to squish a little and making the sound better. Great for sub mixes with drums and bas amongst other things.
So it's no competition for Kjaerhus Classic Master Limiter or Voxengo Elephant?

cptgone wrote:
Torben wrote:
ttoz wrote::shock:

So this is a track limiter right? Not a final mastering limiter?
Yes, It is not for making square waves out of your tracks :D It’s made to squish a little and making the sound better. Great for sub mixes with drums and bas amongst other things.
So it's no competition for Kjaerhus Classic Master Limiter or Voxengo Elephant?
No, it is two different products.

Torben

xxxxx

Torben wrote: No, it is two different products.

Torben
Thanks for replying, I guess I'll have to stick to the Classic Master Limiter for the time being then.

I'm actually quite interested to know: NOW what's the next golden series plug? :)

We have the compressor, eq, limiter and modulator. The only things I can think of that fit the pattern are:

- multichannel compressor (or a regular with the sidechain)
- phaser / filter thingy
- delay
- reverb even?
(or maybe even delay + reverb kind of plugin combo!)
- analog distortion unit...?

Or maybe it's something completely different. Who says that Torben has to follow the classic series in any way when creating golden series plugins? :)

Please, would some kind soul reveal what we can expect next so me (and possibly the others) don't have to chew finger nails any shorter :oops:

EDIT: Hmm... just a thought. Does the next plugin actually have to be an effect...? Since Kjaerhus Audio puts out fabulous stuff that are modeled after electrical circuits, wouldn't it be perfectly possible to create a VA-synth that is modelled after true circuits of a synth that was designed only to be created as a virtual version of itself in the end? :) Correct me if I'm wrong, but if this should happen, it would be the first such VSTi synth on the market which had the close to real analog quality to it :D Yum! (The Korg Legacy Collection for example was an emulation of real life stuff, not a whole new synth package...) I believe this will be the way synths are programmed in the future.
Misspellers of the world, unit!
https://soundcloud.com/aflecht

This looks very nice Torben. I'll give it a try.

:( I was just curious... Ok, I'll shut up now :(
Misspellers of the world, unit!
https://soundcloud.com/aflecht

Mungo, we are working on some different ideas along with the classic auto-filter plugin. I can't say much more at the moment.

Torben

Hi Torben,

Now that it's been brought up, I've been wondering if you've thought about starting another plugin series?

The Classic series are free, standard effects.

The Golden series are elegant mastering processors.

Maybe the Creative series could be non-standard creative effects, stuff that doesn't yet exist, designed with musicians in mind. Would be like the ElectroHarmonix/Metasonix of plugins.

Just a thought, but I love the way the Golden series plugins work, and would love to see those design ideas extended to creative tools.

Cheers,
Steve

shamann wrote:Maybe the Creative series could be non-standard creative effects, stuff that doesn't yet exist, designed with musicians in mind.
That piece of the market is getting crowded too: OhmForce, GRM, Audio Ease Nautilus, smartelectronix...
There's some redundancy there already.

Unless Torben has some great new idea up his sleeve of course!

I'd like to buy something Kjaerhus (because I use some of the Classic gear), but I don't need the current Gold Series plugs. A Golden Master Limiter would do perfectly, but I guess most people already have that covered... or don't they?

cptgone wrote:That piece of the market is getting crowded too: OhmForce, GRM, Audio Ease Nautilus, smartelectronix...
There's some redundancy there already.
I suppose, but following that line of thinking, are there VST effect markets that aren't saturated?

I actually think creative effects tend to be under-represented in the market. Think how many EQs exist. Now think how many unclassifiable effects exist.

I would guess PSP Nitro and Spektral Delay could be added could be added to you list, too. But take OhmForce as an example, they develop character effects. Stuff that represents their way of thinking. I don't think they've shut out every one else.

Cheers,
Steve

Return to “Effects”