Comming up next from Kjaerhus Audio

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Here is a little preview of our next release for our friends from KvR :)

http://www.kjaerhusaudio.com/gpp-1.php

/Torben
Last edited by Torben on Tue Oct 12, 2004 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

:shock:

So this is a track limiter right? Not a final mastering limiter?

Will it be a part of the group buy? :wink:

ttoz wrote::shock:

So this is a track limiter right? Not a final mastering limiter?
Yes, It is not for making square waves out of your tracks :D It’s made to squish a little and making the sound better. Great for sub mixes with drums and bas amongst other things.

pough wrote:Will it be a part of the group buy? :wink:
There won't be sold any other products in the Group buy than GMO-1, GEQ-7 and GCO-1.

Torben

There's something funny about such a serious-looking piece of gear with an option called "PUMPER". :lol:

Hey - does the knee make it act a bit like a compressor - ie, reducing gain just a bit, not enough to brickwall the signal? :?

Forever,

Kim.

Jeez wrote:There's something funny about such a serious-looking piece of gear with an option called "PUMPER". :lol:
Yes the "pumper" is made for modern music and the gold series have a rather conservative look, so I understand your question :)
Jeez wrote:Hey - does the knee make it act a bit like a compressor - ie, reducing gain just a bit, not enough to brickwall the signal? :?

Forever,

Kim.
The GPP-1 is a mix between a limiter and a compressor with a build in brick wall limiter in the end.

Torben

Torben wrote:
Jeez wrote:There's something funny about such a serious-looking piece of gear with an option called "PUMPER". :lol:
Yes the "pumper" is made for modern music and the gold series have a rather conservative look, so I understand your question :)
Really? I thought he was referring to the sexual connotations of the word...

is it fair to assume that this uses a look-ahead or "preview" buffer? if so, can we assume that there is a small latency?

a little while ago, you mentioned the possibility of a "GCO-1 LITE," with minimal controls and preset params. could this be the fruit of that idea? it seems to have all the same envelope shapes, with none of the advanced controls/time constants.

anyway, it looks cool. i hope you sell a bundle of 'em!

== chunk

Torben wrote: The GPP-1 is a mix between a limiter and a compressor with a build in brick wall limiter in the end.

Torben
So, is it similar to PsP Vintage Warmer?
How would you compare the two?

citizenchunk wrote:is it fair to assume that this uses a look-ahead or "preview" buffer? if so, can we assume that there is a small latency?
Yes, but only 0.5ms which is the time it takes the sound to travel 17cm, so you wont hear any delay.
citizenchunk wrote:a little while ago, you mentioned the possibility of a "GCO-1 LITE," with minimal controls and preset params. could this be the fruit of that idea?
No, this product has been under developmet for a long time before that. The idea with the GCO-1 Lite would be a normal compressor like the top area of the GCO-1 and maybe the knee and envelope types.
citizenchunk wrote:it seems to have all the same envelope shapes, with none of the advanced controls/time constants.?
Yes, the envelope types are the same but besides that it's a whole new product and algorithms.
citizenchunk wrote:anyway, it looks cool. i hope you sell a bundle of 'em!

== chunk
Thank you :)
db wrote:So, is it similar to PsP Vintage Warmer?
The sound is different. The GPP-1 got 5 envelope types with different sound. The VW got build in EQ, which GPP-1 doesn’t. There are lots of other differences but I am not the right one to make the comparisons.

Thanks
Torben

Torben wrote:
db wrote:So, is it similar to PsP Vintage Warmer?
The sound is different. The GPP-1 got 5 envelope types with different sound. The VW got build in EQ, which GPP-1 doesn’t. There are lots of other differences but I am not the right one to make the comparisons.
I already have VW, but also have Golden Compressor, EQ and GMO. It
seems that I always reach for the Golden vsts.

In fact, I've set up several chains using Energy XT and Chainer so that they are always ready to use. Very seldom use VW
anymore! :wink:

Can you say something about the over-compression indicator ? What turns it on, why I would not like the sound or like it (either way) in other words I guess it would indicate over-squishing, is it simply that or other distortion or saturation involved...thanx

kylen wrote:Can you say something about the over-compression indicator ? What turns it on, why I would not like the sound or like it (either way) in other words I guess it would indicate over-squishing, is it simply that or other distortion or saturation involved...thanx
The O.C. indicator tells if you are compressing the signal below its original RMS level. It's a general rule of thumb not to do that so the indicator can help you with the proper threshold adjustment.

The sound is generally soft and open. You can select between warm or more transparent types. It's not made for getting the highest RMS level like most limiters. We worked on getting the best possible sound in stead of the highest RMS output which is a huge difference between this limiter and most master limiters.

Torben

Yay!!! :D

Finally it's coming out. I'm very interested to find out how it can handle individual drum sounds and some other source material I'm going to throw at it :)

I've always had problems with sounds peaking randomly and thus causing distortion. I hope those days are over soon :)

Return to “Effects”