Most CPU efficient modular VST synths?

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It doesnt create any issues in my experience.

Edited due to my retardation.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

chk071 wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 7:21 pm I assume that there are other reasons then why there are no serious SynthEdit based synths at all out there?
:clap: :dog: Please check my VST :party:
http://kx77free.free.fr/English-page.html

SE PolyMod is 100% done with SE 1.4 with oversampling , you can check its SE1 if you want.
My Kx Synth x16 has several thousand of internal connections as your brain cannot imagine, so I do not think Synthedit is limited, only the users or the devs are limited...

vurt wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 6:10 pm
Aesaire wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 6:40 am Bitwig Grid looks great but I'm pretty happy with my workflow in Reaper. Would jump on it if they released a VST version of it like Reason Rack. I've already got Zebra, it's a good synth, but I'm looking for something full modular with good CPU.
I assume that there are other reasons then why there are no serious SynthEdit based synths at all out there?
Not sure about this, does anyone have any idea? Will check out SynthEdit and MUX anyway, thanks for the suggestions.
bidule as well as being a host has a vst version.
Kushview Element

chk071 wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 7:21 pm I assume that there are other reasons then why there are no serious SynthEdit based synths at all out there?
what's not serious about this?

https://www.waves.com/presenting-flow-motion-fm-synth

Kirsty Roland's Analogy64 runs fine on my old laptop here. It tends to go underneath the radar but it's a great modular vst.

Jeff McClintock wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 7:49 pm
what's not serious about this?

https://www.waves.com/presenting-flow-motion-fm-synth
Nothing. :)

Maybe I should re-phrase my question now that we found two serious synths which actually use SynthEdit (even though I wouldn't call kx77free one of them, because, it's more of a "secret tip", if anything): I assume that there are other reasons then why, apart from 1 Waves plugin, and another exotic plugin not many people know, there are no serious SynthEdit based synths at all out there?

This runs like a dream on my 10 year old 32 bit Windows tablet with 2 GB RAM: http://www.solostuff.net/solorack/.

Plus, it sounds really good IMHO.

chk071 wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 8:10 pm apart from 1 Waves plugin, and another exotic plugin not many people know, there are no serious SynthEdit based synths at all out there?
one!!? Oh I get it, you're trolling.

Have a happy new year :party: , I'm out.

If 32bit is ok,Sonigen modular(free)

https://plugins4free.com/plugin/1005/

Jeff McClintock wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 1:21 am
chk071 wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 8:10 pm apart from 1 Waves plugin, and another exotic plugin not many people know, there are no serious SynthEdit based synths at all out there?
one!!? Oh I get it, you're trolling.

Have a happy new year :party: , I'm out.
Your evasion of my question is masterly. ;)

k2006 wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:20 am If 32bit is ok,Sonigen modular(free)

https://plugins4free.com/plugin/1005/
I don't think so.

viewtopic.php?p=6768085#p6768085
sonigen wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:45 am Hi, no problem, it's all C++ and MS Visual Studio.
Again, though, even if it was, it's a plugin which never even has been released in a final version. "Serious" means "serious".

I know, I'm only "trolling" and stuff, but, I really would love to know whey there aren't more commercial and big SynthEdit based synths, when it's such a performant environment, and has so many things going for it.

chk071,
i was answering op's question,
What are the most CPU friendly VST modular softsynths
and nothing to do with your personal obsessions,i know who to avoid in Kvr.

No obsession, just a simple question. Which obviously noone is capable, or willing to answer.

It's funny though. I've always been the guy who argued that it doesn't matter what a synth is made with, when there were, once again, objections over synths which were made with SynthEdit, or Flowstone. Now I pose a simple question, and immediately I'm tagged the troll, or as being obsessed. The internet, and in particular this site, is a funny place. ;)

chk071 wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 12:59 pm No obsession, just a simple question. Which obviously noone is capable, or willing to answer.
There are plenty of serious SE synths, it just depends how you define serious. The problem with SE is that it made it too easy for anybody with no talent or skills to knock together plugins and put them out on the internet. In itself this is good because not all of us have coding knowledge but the good stuff gets swamped by the mediocre. I think for example, the work of HG Fortune, B.Serrano and Glen Stegner is serious. They might not be modern and swanky and thin and weedy sounding like a lot of modern synths but they are great synths and don't cost a penny. I'm still promising myself ArtVera's Golden Aset when I have a little spending money, just because it is sooooo beautiful!

Erisian wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 1:08 pm
chk071 wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 12:59 pm No obsession, just a simple question. Which obviously noone is capable, or willing to answer.
There are plenty of serious SE synths, it just depends how you define serious.
Name some then.

What do I mean with serious? Well, I'm sure you know what I mean. Soft synths people heard about. Sylenth1, Serum, Massive, Diva. Why aren't there any big names which were made with SynthEdit, when it's such a efficient, easy to use, and comfortable environment?

It's a serious question, because, I'm curious what the reason is. Every "serious" developer would probably be very curious as well, when he asks himself why his product isn't more widely adapted.
Erisian wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 1:08 pm I think for example, the work of HG Fortune, B.Serrano and Glen Stegner is serious.
Those, frankly, aren't big ones for me.

Return to “Modular Synthesis”