Soundtheory GULLFOSS computional auditory perception EQ

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Gullfoss

^^^ Yes, you can turn off the boost on highs and lows, by dragging the red line in from the edges to the centre.
F E E D
Y O U R
F L O W

Ah awesome! Didn't notice that. Will check it out.

EDIT: Yes indeed it works! Damn.. I think I may have to purchase this, though I really want it for my PC rig at the studio. Mixing on this crappy late 2014 Mac Mini is painful.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

bmanic wrote:I think I may have to purchase this, though I really want it for my PC rig at the studio.
If you buy the Mac version now, you will be able to use the PC version as soon as it comes out. All licenses will be cross platform once early access is over.

Regards,

Andreas Tell
Soundtheory

atell wrote:
bmanic wrote:I think I may have to purchase this, though I really want it for my PC rig at the studio.
If you buy the Mac version now, you will be able to use the PC version as soon as it comes out. All licenses will be cross platform once early access is over.

Regards,

Andreas Tell
Soundtheory
That's cool, but do us PC users get a chance to try before we buy? At early access price I mean?

Armadillo wrote:
atell wrote:

Regards,

Andreas Tell
Soundtheory
That's cool, but do us PC users get a chance to try before we buy? At early access price I mean?
From Gearslutz:
Andreas Tell wrote:We are a very small company with only two developers, so I hope you understand that we have to set priorities. Regarding the Windows version: Our highest priority at the moment is to make the Mac version as stable as possible and to implement the missing license features. Once that is done we will leave early access and the Windows port will be our highest priority. Due to some technical issues that will have to be solved we cannot give a time frame for the windows version currently, but we expect it to be available within six months.

We are planning to have a Windows early access program too. And it will come with restrictions similar to those of the Mac early access (so only online activation during the early access and only on windows during that time) which will be lifted when the early access phase is over. We are also trying to find a way to give PC users the same deal as Mac users without frustrating the Mac users who already paid the regular price.

Once the Windows version is available, we will give it the same love as the Mac version and all licenses will be cross-platform. So PC users won't be second class citizens in any way. Again, we just needed to set priorities at this time.

Thanks for your understanding,

Andreas Tell
Soundtheory

Armadillo wrote: That's cool, but do us PC users get a chance to try before we buy? At early access price I mean?
We will try to make the early access deal available to PC users. It will come with restrictions similar to those of the Mac early access program, like restriction to online activations and to the PC platform during the early access period, having to deal with unfixed bugs, etc.

We are trying to be as fair as possible in every aspect. If you think you've been treated unfairly, let us know and we will do our best to fix it!

Regards,

Andreas Tell
Soundtheory

What types of filters are used and what's the latency? I've got some experience with the Sonible SmartEQ, which seems like a more static version of this, but I'm not a big fan of working with linear phase filters on mix elements due to the latency and pre-ringing artifacts.

Thanks Andreas and Funkybot.
Looking forward to the early access for PC. :)

Armadillo wrote:Thanks Andreas and Funkybot.
Looking forward to the early access for PC. :)
You're welcome. I was already in the Gearslutz thread looking for the same info when I saw your post so figured a cross-quote was in order. I'll also be waiting on the PC version.

This looks interesting.
Is it comparable to Soothe?

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:What types of filters are used and what's the latency? I've got some experience with the Sonible SmartEQ, which seems like a more static version of this, but I'm not a big fan of working with linear phase filters on mix elements due to the latency and pre-ringing artifacts.
The auditory model comes with a latency of slightly over 40 ms, similar to the cognitive delay in the human brain.

The EQ is not linear phase and there is no pre-ringing at all. The equaliser response is also quite different from that of any equaliser available elsewhere. It has been designed to match human perception so that even strong alterations or very fast modulations won't introduce audible artefacts. The response is approximately minimum phase but not of finite order.

I hope this helps,

Andreas Tell
Soundtheory

Thanks Andreas! Exactly what I was looking for. Look forward to the PC version.

I'll probably have to pick this up once the PC version is ready to go. These types of things are very handy when working with tight deadlines and collaborations with other studios.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

We've updated Gullfoss to 1.0.2 with a number of critical fixes. Please download the new version at our website and report any issues.

Thanks!

Andreas Tell
Soundtheory

This looks awesome,looking forward to the PC version

Return to “Effects”