Tachyon update?

Official support for: muon-software.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

WoW! What a beauty Tachion is. Looking forward to it! And for the CM updates...great! :)

Dave...sorry for my impatience....you were talking about CM plug updates. Could you give perhaps a little hint what in DS-404 will be improved? Please....

The CM updates are just bug fixes, no improvements. Our contract with them has expired and they haven't asked for any further work to be done, so these are effectively end-of-life updates to make sure they are using the latest VST SDK and are compatible with modern hosts like Cubase SX2. Once TachyonP and Neutron are out there will be a full choice of upgrade paths from the CM instruments into something more professional for those that want more features. You can already upgrade from CM101 to Electron and from CM303 to Tau MkII BTW.

As for the Tau Pro and Electron updates, we're just doing the same sort of thing on the compatibility, but adding assignable MIDI controllers and tweaking the sound quality/performance a little where possible. That'll be the last update to the MkI versions, the Mk2 versions (Atom MkII, Electron MkII) will be along later in the year. These will add a tonne more power and modern features to these old favourites :-)

Regards
Dave

OK thanks for the detailed infos. Lots of features & innovations to look forward to anyway. Cool!

:D Dave this looks fantastic.

Thanks for the update I know your extremely busy.

Electron 2!! Superb looking forward to that one too.

AC

Muon Software Ltd wrote:... You can already upgrade from CM101 to Electron and from CM303 to Tau MkII BTW...
Do you have any further details on these upgrade paths, Dave? I had a quick look on your website and CM's site and couldn't see anything.

Admittedly, I haven't ever really looked at Electron (but I do love my little Tau Pro :D ) but if the price was right I might take a closer look :)

-s

At the moment there's a special offer for upgrading from CM303 to Tau Bassline MkII - if you've registered your CM plugins (and have the patch area password) go to:

http://www.muon-software.com/patcharea/ ... offer.html

We did other upgrades and discounts on Electron and Tau Pro in the past in conjunction with CM, but the offers closed quite some time ago - there's no real way now to get Electron at a special price anymore if you're a CM101 user. However, if you bought Electron now you'd get an upgrade in a couple of weeks (adds assignable MIDI controllers, general performance/quality tweaks) and a free upgrade to Electron MkII when it comes out later on this year - might be worth checking out the demo if you haven't tried it!

The website is overdue for an update, I'll attend to that after the MusikMesse perhaps :oops:

Regards
Dave

Hi,

any info - which formats are going to be supported ...?

K

So Frankfurt is now
:D

mmmmmm

The engine can directly import:-

DS404, SR202, Akai S1000/S2000/S3000/S5000/S6000, REX/REX2, SMF

We're aiming to include a basic soundfont import in the final version, but I should stress that TachyonP is not going to be a multiformat sample player - it is an instrument in its own right with its own sound library.

Regards
Dave

OK...Frankfurt is over.

Now you can release it.

Gimme, gimme.... :D

[Sorry for my greed]

What about the CPU need? More or less than DS404?

...and the price for upgraders?

Muon Software Ltd wrote:The engine can directly import:-

DS404, SR202, Akai S1000/S2000/S3000/S5000/S6000, REX/REX2, SMF

We're aiming to include a basic soundfont import in the final version, but I should stress that TachyonP is not going to be a multiformat sample player - it is an instrument in its own right with its own sound library.

Regards
Dave
fine with me :D

Is there going to be a bundle of two?

K

The engine in TachyonP has more envelopes and more LFOs, plus the internal sequencers and FX busses etc., but the good news is that it uses roughly the same amount of CPU as DS404. We've been optimising the wotsits off it :lol:

Also, due to the dynamic switching on and off of unused synthesis/FX components too some patches will probably use less CPU on Tachyon. One of the cool things it can do, for example, is that if you load a reverb into one of the FX units, this will only consume CPU when it iis actually doing something - quite unlike other plugins where loading a reverb would add a constant 10-15% CPU overhead regardless of whether or not there was sound going through it. This kind of technology is used throughout the engine to keep the overall overhead down :D

Regards
Dave

Hi Dave,

Any news of an imminent release? Got some cash burning a whole in my pocket.

:D

Cheers

AC

Anothercouture wrote:? Got some cash burning a whole in my pocket.
Me too. As long as the price is fair. :D

Return to “Muon Software”